Respected Contributor

has anyone tried any window cleaner you put on a garden hose. i have seen one kind that was seen on tv and the name was fuller brush but i looked it up and the actual fuller brush company dont have it on there web sight so its by someone else. and windex makes one to. im thinking of our second floor windows. any info would be apprciated.

Respected Contributor

Yes, we have used the Windex outside window cleaner that you spray on with a hose.  We live in an area in the South where the pollen is super thick.  The WIndex did a decent job of cleaning the windows.  It WILL NOT make the windows perfectly clean by any means but it did help and we felt it was worth the effort.  HTH

Honored Contributor

We tried the product from fuller brush, it was ok, we used it on the outside of our ground floor patio....not sure I would use it again for the ground level but 2nd floor might be ok....not that you don't 2nd floor really clean as well but, I am not sure the windows were as clean as I like.  

Since it's ground floor I'll probably hand wash this year.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used the Windex spray for years - and I have tilt-in windows - can do the outside of windows from the inside.  However, from inside need a ladder to reach the top section - lots of paper towels and Windex squirt in the other hand.  Via garden hose so easy and I can clean the shutters and front of house at same time....and my porch.

Honored Contributor

Yes, we used that one year and it did not replace doing the windows by hand  for us. It was a waste of time and money in my case.

Esteemed Contributor

I have used the Windex version.  No, the Windows don't sparkle as they would if done by hand.  However, I am too old to hang out of the 2nd floor windows or climb a ladder.  Therefore, the spray works.

I would like to find a hose attachment that I could mix my own solution.  I would use water, vinegar, and a bit of Dawn.

Respected Contributor

@grandma r   Checked Amazon and search hose attachment sprayer.  The first one that showed was Ortho brand and cost$11.88.  I believe it was an item you could fill with whatever you want.  Might work with your window wash formula.  Check it out for more details.  

Respected Contributor

We use the outdoor Windex pads with the long pole and our windows sparkle!  We attach the pole to another long pole, so we don’t have to use a ladder for 2nd floor windows.  We buy it at Lowe’s. 

Honored Contributor

Re: washing windows

[ Edited ]

I have a window-cleaning kit similar to this plus a long-rectangular sqeegee bucket to accommodate the scrubber attachment...gawd the bucket alone cost me $40!  The pole I have can be extended to reach my upper windows and the pole was expensive, too, about the same price as the bucket. The pole is not the one in this pic but another I got at The Home Depot. The entire window cleaning kit ended up costing me over $100. I just use sudsy ammonia in water to wash my windows. No climbing ladders like I use to before I got the long pole.

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I have used the Windex version.  No, the Windows don't sparkle as they would if done by hand.  However, I am too old to hang out of the 2nd floor windows or climb a ladder.  Therefore, the spray works.

I would like to find a hose attachment that I could mix my own solution.  I would use water, vinegar, and a bit of Dawn.

Amazon sells such a thing.....