Honored Contributor

I washed my windows, next morning there was a film on them. was not from window wash i used, so  i am thinking it is from cloths,they have been used a lot,do you use special washing detergent for them?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

Re: washing microfiber cloths

@goldensrbest wrote:

I washed my windows, next morning there was a film on them. was not from window wash i used, so  i am thinking it is from cloths,they have been used a lot,do you use special washing detergent for them?

@goldensrbest   I haven't washed any of mine yet.  But do you use fabric softener or dryer sheets?   No fabric softener or dryer sheets should be used on microfiber garments, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   I haven't washed any of mine yet.  But do you use fabric softener or dryer sheets?   No fabric softener or dryer sheets should be used on microfiber garments, etc.

No never use either one,just detergent ,hang to dry.

Honored Contributor

Hottest water possible and a dab of Dawn dish detergent in the wash cycle, and white vinegar in the rinse cycle will get rid of residue in the cloths.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I use these microfiber clothes when I wash my face 2 times a day with just warm water.

The trick is not (NOT) use any fabric softner on anything.  Your detergent should not have any kind of fabric softener in it. 

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Hottest water possible and a dab of Dawn dish detergent in the wash cycle, and white vinegar in the rinse cycle will get rid of residue in the cloths.

@RedTop  I will have to try that. Thank you.

Valued Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   I was just thinking, did you wash the cloths first?  Instructions say to do so.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest , I think it's from the cloth.  I only use them with water and I get that white film.  Once that starts happening I throw them out.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   I was just thinking, did you wash the cloths first?  Instructions say to do so.

Yes they were clean.

Honored Contributor

I actually meant to post here some time back when that same guy who sells microfiber rags for cleaning was selling the same thing for the face.

I wanted to tell the ladies to save their money and just buy (from him or anyone) those same rags where you get like 20 of them for $19.99.  That's a better value and they do exactly the same thing for your face.

I know because I buy them on QVC all of the time.  It's a pain in the @#$ though when you wash clothes and you don't use fabric softner because these rags stick to everything.

OK, so I get my sheets drycleaned....just something I like to do (no wrinkles and stiff like in a hotel).  It's really funny though because they often get stuck on the sheets.  

When I pick up the sheets from my drycleaners in another package will be some of these microfiber rags, all drycleaned and ironed!  Ha!  Talk about stiff!

I love the way the pillowcases especially feel.  They're stiff and stuck together from being starched and ironed.  

I recently complained to my friend (she owns the drycleaners) that when they fold up the sheets and I take them out of the packages, they have wrinkles.  Now she hangs them on special made for cleaners hooks with plastic around them.

It works perfectly.  I understand it isn't for everyone.  I had a hard time finding a cleaners who'd do this for me as it must be done somewhat by hand.  

I always wash the sheets first at home and then she drycleans them at the cleaners.