Honored Contributor

Re: washing machine and film

@RedTop wrote:

Everything has been addressed here except for the water supply itself.   Where does your water come from, and are there other water issues in the house?   Do you have this same film in the toilet bowl?     

Yeah thats what I was thinking too.l It sounds like the water. Is the OP's washer newer? I have a newer front loader and have the "pure cycle" on it. Every time I do approx 40 washes it tells me its time to clean. I press the "pure cycle" button and my machine does a 2 hour clean up. I have a sparkling clean machine because of this terrific feature. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Everything has been addressed here except for the water supply itself.   Where does your water come from, and are there other water issues in the house?   Do you have this same film in the toilet bowl?     

After reading through at the comments, that was what came to mind, hard water.

Respected Contributor

I would also suggest stop using fabric softener and less detergent, but I will add that you need to use a splash of vinegar and water in the fabric softener dispenser instead.  The small amount of vinegar will remove any residual soap from your detergent, and not leave your clothes smelling like vinegar.  They will be just as soft and cleaner to boot!

Honored Contributor

I find it funny that you now have to clean film from washers and now there are products to clean it (another way to make money).  I still stand by the agitator washing machines as I never experienced any problems.

kindness is strength
Contributor

My washer has a agitator. I don't have a front loader. I think the reason we have some problems is the detergents they make now. I think i might have solved the problem. I always noticed that my rinse cycle didn't last long. I washed a load yesterday used the second rinse and it did better. I will keep using the second rinse and see how it does. I use very little detergent when i wash clothes, now when my son does his clothes, he uses to much which i get on to him about it. I have also used vinegar in the final rinse before. Thanks again for all the great suggestions. I will keep you posted.

Honored Contributor

Do you use those pods type detergent things? I used them a couple of times and found that they did not dissolve completely. They left residue on my clothes and washer. @georgia dawgs

Contributor

I only use liquid detergent, and have tried different ones to see if any of them were causing the problem.