Honored Contributor

Re: washing machine and film

[ Edited ]

Your in-line washer filter* might be getting clogged. This will cause the drain cycle to go slow and cause lint or other particulates to form a residue build-up in your washer. Many people are unaware of this in-line filter. I suggest you check with the manufacture's troubleshooting guide or maybe call the 800 number for help. @georgia dawgs

*This filter is the one that is usually located somewhere before the drain pump. It's not the one that filters the water coming in to your washer from the spigot.

Honored Contributor

Use borax in your wash.

Esteemed Contributor

I use the AFFRESH tabs to clean my washer drum every so often. I buy them at BBB but I've seen them at the super market. I wash throw rugs, dog blankets, yard clothes so that washer drum really works. I do run a load of bleach water thru after those loads but once a month I'll run a load of hot water and one of these tablets and it's just like new.  

Contributor

I have also used borax when washing clothes. The inline filters you are taking about some are located at the back of washer where the hoses go or you have the filters in the hoses that connect to faucets. Thank ya'll for your help.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@georgia dawgs wrote:

I have also used borax when washing clothes. The inline filters you are taking about some are located at the back of washer where the hoses go or you have the filters in the hoses that connect to faucets. Thank ya'll for your help.

The filter I mentioned is not in the back. The inline lint filters are found at the bottom of the inside of your washer if there is one at all. There should be an access "door" or some kind of plate on the inside of your washer. @georgia dawgs

It's also called a "pump filter".

Respected Contributor

i use to just use a cup of bleach and the clean washer cycle and it came out nice and clean. maytag said airafresh or cup of bleach. good luck.

Trusted Contributor

Are you using lotions or bath oils that may be left on towels or clothes? Very unusual!

Honored Contributor

Everything has been addressed here except for the water supply itself.   Where does your water come from, and are there other water issues in the house?   Do you have this same film in the toilet bowl?     

Contributor

I don't use lotions or bath oils. I don't have a problem with the water in any other part of the house. I am going to try second rinses on the clothes and see how that does. Greatly appreciate all the comments.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you use fabric softenor like I do always make sure to dilute it with warm/hot water in your dispenser.  Also, try using less detergent.  You don't need a lot of suds on top to make it clean clothes.  I have a top loader with agitator for reference.