Esteemed Contributor

I have throw rugs in front of my doors. We have two sets of french doors, the ones in living room get a lot of traffic. I have 3 dogs that usually like to go out and come in thru those.

I cannot find rugs that last. I get washable ones, usually from Kohls, or Penneys. Do any of you know of a brand that will last thru multiple washings? I'm tired of having to replace everytime I turn around. They either look like they are growing fuzz on top, or they get fray, or both.

TIA

Honored Contributor

All I can tell you is never buy them from Walmart...they are never true and squared up, so it looks like they are crooked on the floor.  All of them are the same way.  I have OCD when it comes to crooked - so it nearly drove me insane!

Frequent Contributor

Re: washable throw rugs

[ Edited ]

I order mine from Hook & Loom rug company online. They are american made here in the USA! They offer different kinds, but I have to wash mine as well, so I get the eco-friendly cotton woven . I have many of different sizes and they have washed and held up very well!

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone tried Ruggable? I see QVC carries that brand. The Ruggable website offers quite a few different styles.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Gr8tfulsoul, going to check those out.

Respected Contributor

I’ve had good luck with throw rugs from Costco.

Respected Contributor

We don't use washable throw rugs at our entrances and in traffic areas in our kitchen but we do use waterhog rugs that we purchase from LL Bean or Amazon.  They are durable, vacuum well and can be hosed off outside if they get soiled.  Our floors are dark hardwood and we have the dark brown ones.  They are great!  HTH. By the way, the initial investment may be more than throw rugs but they last forever!

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2, I have some of those waterhog rugs and I do love them. I have them outside the doors on my deck and front porch. I do like them a lot and yes, they do last forever.

I guess I was just wanting a different kind of look in my living room, I'm not a great decorator, and because of that I wanted a kind of pretty rug.

Honored Contributor

I'm having the same experience with throw rugs that you are.

I insist on 'rubber' backed, so they don't slide, and I want them to be washable. Everything I buy (most of it USA made) from Penney's and Kohl's has to be handled very delicately these days. Cold water wash, line dry, or the backs are coming off and the binding unstitching. 

I used to get mad about it, and just have turned my thinking around to try to see a benefit. I now can change the color/style look of those rugs more often, since they don't last as long. 

Pitiful, but it reduces the stress of it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio, you do have a point! I just wish Kohls wasn't 45 minutes away, lol.