Honored Contributor

Has anyone had good experiene with an online vintage home decor store? If so, would you share the name.

I have seen a few sites but not sure which are really reputable.

thanks

Respected Contributor

I've purchased from both eBay and Etsy, but I don't think that's what you mean.

Respected Contributor

Decor Steals

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg  @Marsha2003   Thanks,  I have purchased from those sites, but I am looking for an on line store.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs ,  good question.  I don't have personal experience ordering vintage from the extensive online store "Chairish"--  but it is reputable and has a very browsable selection of antique and vintage items, as well as newer.

The modern store McGee and Co. has a quite limited range of vintage, in their McGee and Co. Vintage Collection, and they are established and reputable.  But I do think a place like Chairish or One Kings Lane would have more.

Ditto to @Marsha2003  about Etsy and even Ebay--  but usually people have a specific thing they are looking for, and do a search there for a vendor who can supply it.  I've had good luck with the few vintage items I've gotten from Ebay.   At least they have a protection program I think that covers most vendors, (you have to read the fine print!) so the consumer won't be cheated.  Some vendors I would spurn, since they don't do returns, period!

I don't purchase much at all these days, and any vintage I get at my local antique shops,  so am sorry not to be of much help.  Good luck with what you are chasing down!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Thank you, I took a look at the sites...ouch, prices are high!   I have been looking for a vintage wire basket - to hang on the wall, flat back.  I have exhausted etsy, ebay, pinterest, etc.  so far no luck...I need a specific size.

I also have walked thru several antique malls...right now that is specifically what I am looking for.  I don't purchase a lot of home decor any more, just don't need anything, but when I do I like to have choices.  

Honored Contributor

One item I really like are those oblong wooden bread bowls. I'm not sure how they were used back in the olden days, but I've seen them used as centerpieces. Creative people decorate them for every season.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG   Dough bowls is what I think you are referring to...they are a great home decor item.  You can fill them to suit the seasons. 

I also like the wood cutting boards, with the handles, cutting boards on little feet,etc. I like to 'layer' things.... I have several in my kitchen

Honored Contributor

Oh, @Mom2Dogs ,  I can see why something as specific as a vintage, flat backed, metal wire basket of a certain size, might be hard to come across.

Does it have to be vintage?   Checking Walmart, they had some, of various sizes, that are new of course.  But if worse came to worse, I wonder if you could buy new, and then "distress" them.  These small ones are in a bronze color:

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 4.36.35 PM.png

Trusted Contributor

Re: vintage decor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Yes, they also have them on Amazon. Just type in "vintage wire wall basket" in the Amazon search engine and there are a lot of different versions including the ones Oznell showcased. 

I also bought a vintage looking bread/dough bowl from Hobby Lobby last year. They have a lot of different vintage looking things from time to time.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz