Honored Contributor

Good point, @Desertdi.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi  Wow, turquoise in your toilet.  How cool!

@Kachina624............Yeah.........but I'd rather WEAR it than scrape it off the plumbing!!!!!  di

Not getting this! What are you talking about?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: toliet bowl cleaner

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest  The copper mines in AZ have been source of some of the world's finest turquoise.  The green in Dr's toilet is from the soil in the area which contains traces of copper which also colors the turquoise.   My dad and I took a tour of a huge open pit copper mine South of Phoenix.  It was extremely interesting, and they gave us some pieces of turquoise and other minerals taken from the mine.  This particular mine was not a source of jewelry grade turquoise unfortunately.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I drop denture tablets into the bowl for an overnight soak.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

I drop denture tablets into the bowl for an overnight soak.

Bet the bowl is pearly white and smells fresh too".  😁

Contributor

I live in the south. The water is very hard here so, I found SNO BOL to work the best. I find it at Publix's. 

Trusted Contributor

The BEST product, IMO, is ZEP. I buy it from Home Depot.

Honored Contributor

I use a commercial toilet bowl cleaner like Lysol or Clorox, whatever I find a sale on or the Dollar Tree has in stock.

I don't use bleach, because if not very careful, it will splash and leave bleached out spots on the carpets and rugs. 

I only use a chemical to clean the toilet bowl about twice a week. I do use a brush to swish the bowl daily, and use Clorox wipes on the seat, rim, cover etc. daily.

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to try the Borax overnight ....Hubby is on some medication that makes a strong smell in there

Honored Contributor

I don't clean the bowl everyday. It's just me here and I try to clean a couple times a week. I use IT WORKS bowl cleaner from Wallys along with a toilet wand by Clorox. Gets the job done. I'm happy.Smiley Happy

I have tree roots in my sewer line. Years ago had to have rooter job done and the tech doing the job told me to place a glass container filled with table salt in the toilet tank.

He said this will prevent the roots from coming back and he was right! I haven't had to call rooter service since. Not only is this true...but the salt also helps keep the bowl from growing things...still gotta clean it though.Smiley Wink