Respected Contributor

does anyone on here have or know anyone that has this item? thimking of ordering it. want to know what everyone thinks of it or is anyone ordering it?

Honored Contributor

I'm ordering it.  I always use a microfiber mop ( one of Don Aslett's), but this looks much easier.....and probably just as thorough, if not more so.  I have pre-finished hardwood floors throughout much of my house.  I've pretty much never use anything other than water and microfiber. On rare occasion, I'll use Bona.

Honored Contributor

There's a thread about this in the Today's Special Value forum.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

does anyone on here have or know anyone that has this item? thimking of ordering it. want to know what everyone thinks of it or is anyone ordering it?

I"ve been reading a lot from posters about the TSV cleaning floors, but how about windows?  I have sooooo many windows and many of them pretty large.  We moved to GA 2 years ago and everytime I clean the windows they come out horrible, windows too.  I'm not new to cleaning windows, been doing it for 20 plus years but they just keep coming out horrible. 

Respected Contributor

i dont see why not on windows. they showed using on shower glass doors.

Contributor

Try Dawn dishwashing soap.  When our window washers clean ours at work that is what they use so I tried it at home.  It works great for windows and mirrors.  I mix up a bucket of the soapy water ( not too much suds ) and go around my house.  It's amazing how much clearer the mirrors are, and it never streaks.  

Honored Contributor

For cleaning windows, I found nothing can beat Invisible Glass.  Love that stuff....for glass and for mirrors.  Great product!  What I plan on doing on the outside of my slider is to use the new mop for the initial cleaning, probably with just plain water, or water and vinegar, and then Invisible Glass for the fine tuning.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm obviously missing something with this mop....are you supposed to spray or wet the floor before using this mop? Or is it used dry? Sorry, but the only thing I saw in a video of this was a couple of light spritzes of something on the mop heads before it was used. I know that wouldn't last long on a small or medium sized floor. I watched the video with Jill and the vendor, but didn't get much out of it except for the "fabulous" colors and spraying the microfiber pads once with something.

Honored Contributor

Re: todays special valu mop

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I'm obviously missing something with this mop....are you supposed to spray or wet the floor before using this mop? Or is it used dry? Sorry, but the only thing I saw in a video of this was a couple of light spritzes of something on the mop heads before it was used. I know that wouldn't last long on a small or medium sized floor. I watched the video with Jill and the vendor, but didn't get much out of it except for the "fabulous" colors and spraying the microfiber pads once with something.

@jannabelle1   I agree, a few details were glossed over or not mentioned.  I wondered what happens to the dirt after you make a pass.  Keep cleaning with dirty brushes thus redistributing the dirt?  Maybe you're supposed to stop and rinse the brushes after each pass?  I like my Bissell floor scrubbing machine that removes the dirty water.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624- agree - a few important details were missed. It's all well and good to show a few feet of different floor material and cleaning them with a few squirts of something, but please give a few more details. I think I'll stay with my wet Swiffer....at least I know I'm spraying a cleaning agent on the floor.