Respected Contributor

tipping is now way out of control and i refuse to tip again for any defect repairs, how about you?

i am so overly disgusted with tipping constantly.

i custom ordered a very expensive italian leather custom made to my body specs sofa bed and matching leather ottoman which cost me close to $8.000.00. this is on wheels so i wheel it into the 2nd floor veranda and use it mainly in that area.

it has great back support which is one of the reasons i purchased it. i only use it in dry weather and wheel it back inside so it is never left outside in very windy or wet, or over night conditions. it plugs in using the outside electrical outlet.

when arrived and installed i tipped the 2 delivery men $60.00 and gave them cold drinks, coffee and ham and cheese hero's.

it took them about 1/2 hour to install the air bed mattress, explain usage, and complete the entire set up.

2 weeks later the air bed mattress croaked so i called for my in home warranty defective part replacement service, but now i refused to tip on repairs. i did offer cold drinks, coffee and home made cookies this time. they hung around for a few minutes making simple conversation but i think when they realized i was not again tipping for repairs they looked annoyed. (these were the same 2 guys who originally delivered the items to me). even if they were other personnel i still believe it is unfair to tip again for repair services.

i think tipping is now way out of control and expected on the part of this type of personnel, and repair situation, but i disagree.

i paid a lot of $ for these custom items and expected the air mattress to work longer than 2 weeks. i feel it is absurd to tip again for item defect repairs.

anyone else?