Respected Contributor

Re: the price for drawer pulls - wow.

Try Restoration Hardware dot com or other places that specilize in restoration pieces.  If you live in a large area, try all the thrift shops and flea markets and antique stores (but they will want antique prices there).  The antique stores may also have a catalog where they purchase restoration pieces from.  THey may be kind enough to give you the name or order through them for what you like and need.

Valued Contributor

I recently painted my old buffet and needed new drawer pulls. It wasn't an antique, just a plain buffet my mother bought years ago that gives me lots of storage in my townhouse. I found gorgeous pulls (silver with a little bling) at Hobby Lobby. They really are the added touch to a plain piece of furniture. My dear son-in-law filled the old holes with little pegs from HD and I sanded over these. He drilled new holes for the new pulls.

Incidentally, I found the paint (Devine) at Target of all places. It's a muted silver, not shiny, and looks terrific in my LR/DR, which is silver and mirrors and sparkle.

Valued Contributor

Back to say I forgot the most important part of my post -- the Hobby Lobby pulls cost $6.99 each plus shipping (went online rather than drive to the store). I bought six. The paint cost only $19.99, so for under $65 I got a beautiful new piece.

Honored Contributor

My sister recently changed out the knobs/pulls on my mother's kitchen cabinets, it was a small fortune.  They were an unusual size, but she was able to find them at home depot.

Honored Contributor

Try looking on e-bay.  I get many vintage replacement pieces  there.  If they don't have what you want today, keep looking, they will have it soon.

Honored Contributor

you might want to check Hobby Lobby sometimes they are on 50% off sale.

I bought nice drawer pulls in Target also.

Regular Contributor

TJ MAXX and Marshalls.... Fabulous and inexpensive...

Honored Contributor

I found some I liked at reasonable price online today and ordered them. They are antiqued bronze with copper accents. Should be very pretty against the ivory color I want to paint the vanity.  They are fairly simple but have a shell design at each end. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just got a catalog for Van Dy es's Restorers.  Really nice things and they have great looking drawer pulls!