Honored Contributor

thank you posters for MOTIVATING me to finish my PURGE/DONATE job!!!

After reading all the great posts of those who are purging their stuff .... I got really motivated. Actually, our pool is closed for 3-4 weeks (who does this in the summer living in FL but...) I decided to take the opportunity to finish the job the right way I started months ago...

I even did my holiday decorations ( I decorate for all holidays which I go a little overboard) and home decor items I dropped off to Goodwill.

All unused kitchen gadgets, extra dishes, cookware, bakeware and food (not expired) dropped off to our local food pantry which is at our church and they can use the cookware as they serve dinners 2x/month.

My next project is my baking pantry which is filled with items I'm not going to be using as I don't bake as much as I used to.  

We have a huge community yard sale in March so I saved all the really good & UNused stuff and home decor pieces and accent pieces of furniture to sell at the yard sale. Last time I did it 2 years ago I made over $300! So I'm hoping to do well again as I can put it towards my vacation fund.

(Now, if only I could purge my excess Lock N Locks & Table Serving Pieces then I'd be happy BUT not ready to part with them yet!)

Thanks everyone who posts here for the motivation! Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

Re: thank you posters for MOTIVATING me to finish my PURGE/DONATE job!!!

Congratulations! I'll bet YOU feel great and the house feels 50 lbs lighter.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wow! Big job done! And I know how satisfying it must feel!

Now, when you are ready to purge those Lock and Lock's, you just give me a call!

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Congratulations! I'll bet YOU feel great and the house feels 50 lbs lighter.Smiley Happy

If only I could do the same!!! Yes, it does feel good especially now that I'm totally aware of what and where things are!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Happy to hear you found the motivation you needed to do this job! My kitchen remodel starts tomorrow, so I have been packing cabinets for the last week. Another great opportunity to look into the farthest corners and see things I haven't seen, or used for a long time, and move more stuff out of here. After the initial purge, it seems so much easier now to let things go.