Valued Contributor

ok I still have a home phone and I want to say within one hour I must have had 20 calls? what is going on here why are they calling me? Do not pick up. Some of them are even in my area? ok I am buying a call blocker so this will stop. Does this happen to anyone else?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: tele marketing calls

[ Edited ]

Sure we get a few calls a week.

Are you registered on the do not call list?

Go to www.donotcall.gov

Honored Contributor

@tockerman we are on do not call but still get quite a few.We don't answer and they don't leave a message.They are just robo calls but back a few years when it was a person I used to have fun playing jokes on them.I just wanted to add that we are starting to get a few on our cell phones too.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the call blocker will help immensely.  If you have a landline you can call your phone provider to ask for call blocking.  On my Iphones I block any call that does not leave a message.  The important thing is to NOT pick up the phone....just block.  The scam calls will reduce with the blocking.  Those numbers that are in your area code and frequently with the first three numbers of your phone number are spoofed (they really originate from another area code and number).  Don't pick up!  If it is an important call or a friend calls, they will leave a message.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

A few months ago we bought the "call blocker" from the Q. It has really count down on the unwanted calls.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

@tockerman I am constantly getting these calls, the best thing I ever purchased on QVC is the call blocker, I finally have peace in my home. I have an un - unlisted number and they still find me, I know they are robo calls that just randomly call at random, but they are all hours of the day and night.  You would think if a number does not get any kind of a reaction they would eventually fall off, but nope, just a new set of numbers and areas pop up so I start all over again.

Honored Contributor

I've had a Panasonic system with a base station plus 3 cordless phones.  I can block from any of the phones.  Really has cut down on the scam calls that I get.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: tele marketing calls

[ Edited ]

Couple of weeks ago I got one in the wee hours of the morning and woke me up. It only rang once and then about a half of a ring. Scared me thinking something happened to one of my kids. Looked at the number, it was very long and weird  and went back to sleep. Next day did some googling, appeared it was a call from a cell phone in Russia!! HUH! I also get the calls that look like they're coming from someone in my little town. Google them and they look to be from people I don't know and sometimes businesses I have never used. I should probably call those numbers and let people know that scammers are using their numbers. One a few days ago was the number of a dentist here in town, never been to that office ever.

Esteemed Contributor

Most of my tele calls are Unavailable.  I block every one of them, but they have more numbers that I have blocking ability.  The real problem that I see are the calls that look like a local number or a local business and they are foreign callers.  I block them also unless I know the number, but I am always afraid that I will block an important caller.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

We have the same problem. The do not call registry is useless.

So many of the telemarketers have software that shows a fake name and number on caller the i.d. 

I only answer if I know the caller.