Honored Contributor

I read it kills covid 19 in 30 seconds, ordered some today.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

According to their website:

VIRUSES (Contact time: 30 seconds)

• Influenza A2 Virus-ATCC VR-544
  • Rhinovirus Type 37-ATCC VR-1147
  • Respiratory Syncytial Virus-ATCC VR-26
  • Adenovirus Type 2-ATCC VR-846
  • Herpes Simplex Virus Type I-ATCC VR-733
  • Herpes Simplex Virus Type II-ATCC VR-734
  • Coxsackie B3 Virus-ATCC VR-30
  • Norovirus- via Surrogate Virus ATCC VR-782
  • Rotavirus-Strain WA
  • HIV-1**-Strain HTLV-IIIB
  • Hepatitis B Virus**-DHBV16 Strain
  • Hepatitis C Virus**-ATCC VR-1422
  • Poliovirus Type I-ATCC VR-192
  • Pandemic 2009 H1N1 Influenza A Virus-
  • ATCC #VR-333(H1N1)
Honored Contributor

The epa has approved it for this virus, look on their web site, long list of approved cleaners, with how many minutes to kill it.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest,

I have always respected your concerns and level of caution in regard to COVID-19.   Knowing you are 69, not employed, and live alone, I am somewhat curious about your cleaning concerns when it's just you in the house?   What do you think is your most likely way to contract the virus?   

There are 4 of us in this house, and our most likely way to contract the virus is for one of our girls to carry it in to us.   Teacher daughter is doing in person classroom teaching.   Trucker daughter has been driving, delivering and picking up in 20+ states for the last 7 months.   I really haven't felt the need to change my housecleaning routine that much.   I open a window and let fresh air in daily.   

We hand wash our dishes, and I add bleach to my dishwater.  I wipe doorknobs and appliance handles with bleach wipes or cloths and bleach water.  I wipe down bathrooms with bleach wipes and clean the tub and shower stall with the same spray bleach cleaner I've always used.  Toilets have always been cleaned with bleach.   We dry our hands on paper towels in the bathroom.   I steam clean my tile floors, laminate floors are mopped in vinegar water.   We clean the phone and TV remotes often with wipes.   An incredible amount of liquid handsoap is used here.  I use Lysol when washing both daughters clothes, and clean the washer after I do their laundry.

We wash our hands after opening the mail, or opening the boxes of whatever we've ordered.   Other than this, things haven't changed much here with household cleaning, and I'm not looking for, or buying different cleaning solutions.  

I don't feel the need to, and am just curious as to why you do.  I am not criticizing or judging, just curious as to what I might need to be doing that I'm missing.    

Honored Contributor

Re: spray nine cleaner

[ Edited ]

I just want to protect me from this virus,as much as possible,i go out to get groceries, and things needed, i know if i get this virus ,i will not make it, so yes i do like to do the best i can. Do i sound like a clean freak? I have always been a very clean person. Thought i would pass info ,on to others.

Honored Contributor

I live alone and since the beginning I stopped putting store items on my cabinets or kitchen table.  I just bring in put on the floor and empty that way.  I use bleach for cleaning.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Very impressed with the steps taken by some of you. Although there are two new jugs of bleach in my laundry area, I've been using standard grocery store type cleaners throughout the pandemic. I'm home during the day but my DH works in an office where some people are quarantining (his immediate supervisor has Covid). I probably need to step cleaning up a notch. Up until now, my precautions have been along pharmaceutical lines, like buying Zicam and taking vitamin D.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  .. I don't see covid 19 listed anywhere on the website ....... where did you find it?    

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@goldensrbest  .. I don't see covid 19 listed anywhere on the website ....... where did you find it?    

Check the EPA  web site, for cleaners that kill the virus, they have each product listed,and how many minutes for each product to kill it, it is on there ,long list.