Respected Contributor

. i never really hurd of speedqueen before i was on here. i actually was just on speedqueen on utube and actually watched a full 38 minute vidio of a load being done from start to finish. they maybe alittle more expensive but look like they do a super good job getting clothes clean. and there machines come with a 5 year warrenty. no one gives it for that long.

Honored Contributor

A shorter load would mean less wear-and-tear on the parts.

I've heard of SpeedQueen for years, they are expensive but last a long time.

My late mom bought a Maytag once.    Their "claim to fame" is you never need a repairman.   She was never happy with how her clothes were washed.   

But I think a SpeedQueen is a step above a Maytag.

@Pooky1 wrote:

. i never really hurd of speedqueen before i was on here. i actually was just on speedqueen on utube and actually watched a full 38 minute vidio of a load being done from start to finish. they maybe alittle more expensive but look like they do a super good job getting clothes clean. and there machines come with a 5 year warrenty. no one gives it for that long.

Trusted Contributor

I owned a Speed Queen for so long I believed there were no better brands. I moved and left it behind for the new homeowners. And I then bought another Speed Queen, still going strong for many years. 

Dont hesitate to to buy one. You'll never need a repair!  That's why the warrantee is so generous. Excellent quality and you'll see very clean clothes. 

Trusted Contributor

Count me in with a vote for Speed Queen

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Occasional Contributor

I bought a speed queen washer just 6 months ago. I love it. I does a great job washing the clothes, You can do a load with a full tub of water or use the eco cylcle which uses less water in the rinse. It's worth the extra money.

Contributor

Yay Speed Queen! Love the agitator, warranty and large tub!

Trusted Contributor

Love my speed queen. The new HE machines are awful. Get your SQ now before 2017 is over, new epa rules go into effect.

Honored Contributor

My mom had a Speed Queen dryer and it got hotter than any home dryer I've ever used.  It was like a laundromat dryer.  The clothes got so hot you could barely touch them when the first came out.  I suppose it could have been turned down some. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Speed Queen is all I've ever owned. I'm on my second set.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Last year I bought a cheap hotpoint washer and it came with a 5 year warranty, so I would assume most probably do.