Honored Contributor

Re: sofa cushions attached or not?

I purchased a Lazy Boy sofa at the beginning of Covid  for the living room.  The cushions that you sit on are loose and can be rotated.  The back of the sofa is tufted so there are no cushions there. 

What  I liked about Lazy Boy is the selection of fabrics to choose from.  It seems that so many furniture companies have gone out of business and there are few left.  Some of the places that I visited had a very limited fabric selection.  Some sofas that I saw didn't offer any selection but what was seen on the showroom floor.

Another brand is Ethan Allen but they tend to be much more expensive and I didn't want to pay their higher price.  I am happy with my new Lazy Boy sofa.

I love the sofa and it's a look that I was going for but it's not used heavily since we mostly sit in the family room.  

Honored Contributor

@granddi ....I prefer loose, I need to be able to flulff and turn over my cushions, but when recently shopping I found most cushions were attached.  

Respected Contributor

I have a sofa and loveseat with loose cushions....would never buy ones like these again. They are a couple of years old now, and the back cushions are saggy and the seat cushions slip forward; I have to move the back cushions and push the sear cushions back when they have been sat on for a long time. Next purchase for me will be attached cushions. I do rotate them periodically and that does help prolong the life of them, though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer attached back cushions, but loose seat cushions. Loose back cushions are annoying to me becayse they move too much when you sit or lie down. In my experience, seat cushions get worn faster if you can't flip and rotate them.