Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know how long they last?

I don't remember when I bought it , just a few yrs ago  but it no longer recharges or holds a charge.

Can we buy a new charger?

It didn't last very long , IMO     Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: shark rechargeable vacume

@MalteseMomma.   I'd call Shark and ask them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Rechargeable not holding a charge - that's why I stay far from field for any expensive product that doesn't have an electrical cord.  Batteries have a limited life for several reasons - your flashlight and battery candles = case in point.  Dyson cut the cord on their vacuums and reviews for battery operated ain't good.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

just found my   order.........lol

2017......so it only lasted 1 year.........ok.....I loved it while it lasted, but I guess some things are just too good to be true.........................lol

that is all it is supposed to last btw.............lol    Smiley Sad

It would be nice of QVC to say this when they are selling a product like this............right??????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ION battery pack system (single charge) cost about $100 on Shark's website.

The average lifetime for most Li-ion batteries, even if sitting unused, can be anywhere from 2 to 3 years or 300 to 400 charge cycles, which ever comes first. So don't go and buy from the 'bargain bin' when it comes to buying 'new' Li-ion batteries.

Esteemed Contributor

Shark says 1 yr life of Battery......................not worth it!

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma

I looked on the Shark website for their battery life and I couldn't find it. Where did you find out that they last only a year? Thanks

Respected Contributor

we had a couple shark cordless sweepers and thats what happened to wouldnt hold a charge any more. if you buy it from walmart for like 5 bucks you can get 2 year insurance on anything like that and when ours started not holding a charge  we call the place the the insurance and they sent us a check for the full amount and after allmost 2 years the next one we bought we got a check for the sweeper allso but when i went to walmart to buy a new shark they didnt have them so i bought a black and decker cordless sweeper and its much better than the shark one and its got a removable dust buster to pick up small spills. if you get a new one give this one a try. its like 2 years old and still holds charge with no problem. it was 99 dollars but totally worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got mine here on QVC . I guess my vacuming  everyday wore out the battery............

I'll stick to my plug in's  from now on, thank you   Smiley Happy

Back to my 2 ton Dyson     Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Shark batteries come with a 2-year warranty. @MalteseMomma