Honored Contributor

Re: "...and that's why I keep the blinds closed."

Until the day there is something truly detrimental to her health, MYOB.  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Until the day there is something truly detrimental to her health, MYOB.  

Oh my ... your very rude remark is quite funny. If you read the entire thread you may have caught on that my aunt is very much beloved w/in our family. In my family when a family member needs help, we consider it OUR business to find out how we can help solve a problem/issue/

The update is we, w/ permission, have a cleaning service coming two times a month. In April my aunt will have a live-in companion (who is a relative) staying w/ her who will also help w/ some of the cleaning. It's all working out very nicely for everyone. My aunt gets to maintain her independence and continue to do as she wishes. She didn't want a dusty home .... she just did not want/like to dust. Problem solved.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

It truly helps when the relative needing help is willing to accept help, and your situation is turning out well.   

My mother does not want our help, and there are 4 of us who are willing to clean the house.   She insists on enjoying her home as it is, and says we can do whatever we want after she's gone.   

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop 

I totally understand there are different circumstances families face when dealing w/ how to help or even if you can/should help when you see what you believe is an issue or problem.

My husband's side of the family are very comfortable w/ asking for help and receiving help. My side of the family is more likely to tell you to take a hike (while using colorful language). For example, I learned a long time ago when dealing w/ my sister to keep my opinions to myself, EVEN when she asked me for my opinion. No payback in telling her what she already knows but doesn't want to hear. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."