Super Contributor

Re: "The stink!" have some couth, QVC, please! (Shoe-pourri)

On 1/28/2015 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Another disgusting hard sale tactic. Do they think we are that moronic?

Matty6, unfortunately they do, which is why I have zero tolerance for QVC and their sales propaganda.

Super Contributor

Actually I would like to thank the OP for making me aware of this product. I never heard of it, trying to cut down on my ordering, I am watching less and less. This product, based on the reviews, seems like it will help with a situation we have in our house. No, not the towel issue but the shoe issue.
Super Contributor

On 1/28/2015 twocent said:
On 1/28/2015 annabella said:
On 1/27/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/27/2015 annabella said: Who lets their towels get funky? Really Jill? That is disgusting.

LOL i guess you have never lived with teenage boys?

No... only a husband. I take the initiative to wash the towel often. HE WOULD NEVER THINK OF IT

Just as mine would never clean the toilet bowl. He truly must believe -in ""The Tidy Bowl Man!""

So true! I do not think hubby has ever cleaned a toilet in 34 years of marriage! I always have.
Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Portia said:
On 1/27/2015 Desertdi said:

I'm amazed to hear that the upper class doesn't use the word "stink".................

Me too, Desertdi. I had no idea "stink" was a low class word. . . . {#emotions_dlg.lol}

What about "reek" or "stench"?

I was raised being told that "nice people" don't use words such as stink and many others....don't even get me started on profanity.....sweat is also not a word allowed....perspire or glisten is what we should say......Cool

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Witchy Woman said:

Honestly, doing a load of laundry just isn't that much trouble. I cannot imagine spraying a dirty/stinky towel and using it again.

agree....covering up the odor doesn't mean it's clean and what about bacteria? when my sons come to visit I just make them leave their shoes on the patio......

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 stevieb said:

Seriously, it is what it is and yes, it's all part of life, but no, some things really don't require lengthy presentations on live TV... There is still at least a little something to be said for discretion.

Exactly.

As someone said, what next, a demo of adult diapers?

It would be kind of amusing to see Jill, Sharon, David et al swanking around in their Pull-Ups a la Lisa Rinna's Depends commercials. Wonder if David would do the "happy dance" at the wonder of his leakproof diaper? Maybe they could do a combo gift pack with Poo-Pourri. Or invent a new "Di-pourri" product to pitch.

Super Contributor

On 1/28/2015 RespectLife said:
On 1/28/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

I didn't watch the presentation, but in all seriousness, I don't think people smell that bad. They actually don't smell bad at all. To be honest, this Poo-Pourri stuff is sold as if people really are sloppy and dirty, and need all the help they can get.

I think Poo-Pourri would be better suited for a bathroom or bathrooms that's in an office or a hotel or a collage dorm. Someplace that gets a lot of traffic on a day-to-day basis. A regular person's home? Sorry, but in my opinion, peoples' house really just don't stink as bad as they make it sound.

And in my opinion, (and sorry if this sounds too snobbish) I think some of the hosts need to tone it down with making their husbands and children sound like dirty pigs who constantly leave of slop, mud and filth in their wake. Yes, kids may leave their toys on the floor, yes teens may forget to clean their room (for many days) and yes husbands may leave the toilet seat up, but it's not like they're just running around the house, throwing crumbs everywhere, pulling down the curtains and spraying chocolate sauce all over the walls and furniture. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Umm...totally disagree! DH makes Poo-Pouri a NECESSITY not a want in our house! LOL I swear sometimes he must have eaten road kill for lunch! No, my house doesn't stink on a regular basis...but the bathroom? Sorry but there are times when it is totally an unpleasant smell.

I purchased both Poo and Shoe Poo as stocking stuffers for a joke. We all laughed our heads off...yet everyone came back and said oh my goodness...this silly stuff works wonders! Why share odors with others in your home? My bathroom smells fresh all the time now!

DH and son are sports guys...they shower constantly after playing. Change their socks several times. Those sneakers? I don't care how clean you are but it was a welcomed product for them!

Their silly stories don't bother me in the least. I have more important things in the world to worry about than what Jill or any other host says when they are selling a product.

And I saw the youtube commercial too...I have very little sense of humor but that WAS funny!

If any of the men in my life ever created an odor in the bathroom, they had the sense to take care of it themselves either with a window, exhaust fan, lit matches or deodorizer or whatever, I am thankful not to know the details.

I certainly never have had to address the problem with anyone and just cringe that there are men out there who need "training" on this issue. What do they do, bound out and let the odor seep out into the hall?

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Cinder63 said:

Jill is peddling Shoe-pourri on her show with the most disgusting patter and exaggerated "pee-yew!" mugging and sounds -- going on and on about how "stinky" her children's feet are, and her own, and how her feet were sliding around in their own sweat on some outing.

I mean, come on! Is it really necessary to stoop to these levels and repeat the low-class term "stink" 300 times in a presentation, just to sell a few extra bottles of deodorizer? Now she's talking about stinky hampers and smelly towels and "bathroom odors." Dog bed, back of the car, your "yukky" walking shoes.

She actually just said if your bath towels are starting to smell funky, spray on some Shoe-pourri and "get one more day out of them before you have to do laundry."

Really, Jill? Seriously? Yes, I want to rub down with rank towels that have an extra layer of chemicals sprayed on them.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I missed the show.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Cinder63 said:
On 1/27/2015 stevieb said:

Seriously, it is what it is and yes, it's all part of life, but no, some things really don't require lengthy presentations on live TV... There is still at least a little something to be said for discretion.

Exactly.

As someone said, what next, a demo of adult diapers?

It would be kind of amusing to see Jill, Sharon, David et al swanking around in their Pull-Ups a la Lisa Rinna's Depends commercials. Wonder if David would do the "happy dance" at the wonder of his leakproof diaper? Maybe they could do a combo gift pack with Poo-Pourri. Or invent a new "Di-pourri" product to pitch.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Cinder63 said:
On 1/28/2015 RespectLife said:
On 1/28/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

I didn't watch the presentation, but in all seriousness, I don't think people smell that bad. They actually don't smell bad at all. To be honest, this Poo-Pourri stuff is sold as if people really are sloppy and dirty, and need all the help they can get.

I think Poo-Pourri would be better suited for a bathroom or bathrooms that's in an office or a hotel or a collage dorm. Someplace that gets a lot of traffic on a day-to-day basis. A regular person's home? Sorry, but in my opinion, peoples' house really just don't stink as bad as they make it sound.

And in my opinion, (and sorry if this sounds too snobbish) I think some of the hosts need to tone it down with making their husbands and children sound like dirty pigs who constantly leave of slop, mud and filth in their wake. Yes, kids may leave their toys on the floor, yes teens may forget to clean their room (for many days) and yes husbands may leave the toilet seat up, but it's not like they're just running around the house, throwing crumbs everywhere, pulling down the curtains and spraying chocolate sauce all over the walls and furniture. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Umm...totally disagree! DH makes Poo-Pouri a NECESSITY not a want in our house! LOL I swear sometimes he must have eaten road kill for lunch! No, my house doesn't stink on a regular basis...but the bathroom? Sorry but there are times when it is totally an unpleasant smell.

I purchased both Poo and Shoe Poo as stocking stuffers for a joke. We all laughed our heads off...yet everyone came back and said oh my goodness...this silly stuff works wonders! Why share odors with others in your home? My bathroom smells fresh all the time now!

DH and son are sports guys...they shower constantly after playing. Change their socks several times. Those sneakers? I don't care how clean you are but it was a welcomed product for them!

Their silly stories don't bother me in the least. I have more important things in the world to worry about than what Jill or any other host says when they are selling a product.

And I saw the youtube commercial too...I have very little sense of humor but that WAS funny!

If any of the men in my life ever created an odor in the bathroom, they had the sense to take care of it themselves either with a window, exhaust fan, lit matches or deodorizer or whatever, I am thankful not to know the details.

I certainly never have had to address the problem with anyone and just cringe that there are men out there who need "training" on this issue. What do they do, bound out and let the odor seep out into the hall?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}