Regular Contributor

Re: "The stink!" have some couth, QVC, please! (Shoe-pourri)

On 1/27/2015 stevieb said:

Seriously, it is what it is and yes, it's all part of life, but no, some things really don't require lengthy presentations on live TV... There is still at least a little something to be said for discretion.

Yep. At least she doesn't describe how bad her bowel movements smell like Killinger does when selling the toilet spray. Aaack!
Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 LeoGrl said:
On 1/27/2015 Bestdressed said:

It didn't bother me but...I thought I heard Jill say her daughters feet smell like corn chips. Poor thing ....mom busting out comments on air.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I couldn't help but think of my dog...his paws do smell like corn chips! I'll say to him, "were you in the Fritos again?" A lot of dogs do actually.

LOL. Yes they do. This thread is funny.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Bestdressed said:

It didn't bother me but...I thought I heard Jill say her daughters feet smell like corn chips. Poor thing ....mom busting out comments on air.

Funny. I think my cats' paws smell like Fritos - but I'd never say that about the kids!
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/27/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/27/2015 annabella said: Who lets their towels get funky? Really Jill? That is disgusting.

LOL i guess you have never lived with teenage boys?

I lived with teenage boys - But dirty/used towels get washed, not sprayed with a shoe odor product!

As Cinder said, why would anyone want to use a dirty towel that needs to be washed AND has had chemicals sprayed on it? A dirty towel doesn't magically become clean just because the odor is disguised.

"To get one more day out of them before you have to do laundry". Really? Just replace a used towel with a clean one. I'm sure every family owns more than one towel.

And shame on her for saying that about her daughter. No one needed to hear that, just completely not necessary to even say it, especially publicly about her own child.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit I thought Jill shared a little too much on that sale...especially the funky towel.....I guess she doesn't launder her towels after each shower as I do....and it was unpleasant to hear her speak about her feet slipping around in her shoes they were so sweaty.....and it wasn't necessary for her to diss the kids smells...how embarrassing for them...

I guess some of the hosts have lost decorum...when it comes to their sales pitch...

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 NYC Susan said:
On 1/27/2015 annabella said: Who lets their towels get funky? Really Jill? That is disgusting.

I lived with teenage boys - But dirty/used towels get washed, not sprayed with a shoe odor product!

As Cinder said, why would anyone want to use a dirty towel that needs to be washed AND has had chemicals sprayed on it? A dirty towel doesn't magically become clean just because the odor is disguised.

"To get one more day out of them before you have to do laundry". Really? Just replace a used towel with a clean one. I'm sure every family owns more than one towel.

And shame on her for saying that about her daughter. No one needed to hear that, just completely not necessary to even say it, especially publicly about her own child.

i live with a teenage boy and believe me, they can do some STRANGE things. i have seen him use a dirty towel (one that didnt smell great and didnt get hung back on the towel bar, but was "stored" somewhere in his room. a few years ago my son was on a febreeze kick and sprayed that stuff everywhere.....and i am not even going to go into the AXE body sprays. LOL.....it happens!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/27/2015 NYC Susan said:

i live with a teenage boy and believe me, they can do some STRANGE things. i have seen him use a dirty towel (one that didnt smell great and didnt get hung back on the towel bar, but was "stored" somewhere in his room. a few years ago my son was on a febreeze kick and sprayed that stuff everywhere.....and i am not even going to go into the AXE body sprays. LOL.....it happens!

Oh, I know it happens! I didn't say it doesn't. I grew up with brothers, and I am the mother of sons, so yes, I know.

But my point was that a dirty towel (when discovered!) should be washed, not sprayed with a foot odor product. Spraying a towel with something intended to take the smell out of shoes sounds like something a teenage boy would do, not something purposely done by a responsible parent with any degree of intelligence.

Regular Contributor

On 1/27/2015 circles said:

I have to admit I thought Jill shared a little too much on that sale...especially the funky towel.....I guess she doesn't launder her towels after each shower as I do....and it was unpleasant to hear her speak about her feet slipping around in her shoes they were so sweaty.....and it wasn't necessary for her to diss the kids smells...how embarrassing for them...

I guess some of the hosts have lost decorum...when it comes to their sales pitch...

So true! Do we need to know about every single stench, stray hair and barnacle? I've got a boy, a girl and a husband, but we wash our towels when they are dirty. Who wants to shower and/or bathe twice a day and then dry off with a filthy towel? Some of these hosts talk about their kids and husbands in a really disgusting manner. Anything for a sale, I guess.
Respected Contributor

I didn't watch the presentation, but in all seriousness, I don't think people smell that bad. They actually don't smell bad at all. To be honest, this Poo-Pourri stuff is sold as if people really are sloppy and dirty, and need all the help they can get.

I think Poo-Pourri would be better suited for a bathroom or bathrooms that's in an office or a hotel or a collage dorm. Someplace that gets a lot of traffic on a day-to-day basis. A regular person's home? Sorry, but in my opinion, peoples' house really just don't stink as bad as they make it sound.

And in my opinion, (and sorry if this sounds too snobbish) I think some of the hosts need to tone it down with making their husbands and children sound like dirty pigs who constantly leave of slop, mud and filth in their wake. Yes, kids may leave their toys on the floor, yes teens may forget to clean their room (for many days) and yes husbands may leave the toilet seat up, but it's not like they're just running around the house, throwing crumbs everywhere, pulling down the curtains and spraying chocolate sauce all over the walls and furniture. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Everyone has a different ""pain"" threshold!!! LOL!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin