Respected Contributor

Re: "TAMARISK", PRINCE CHARLES' FIRST BEACH HOUSE

It's small but I like it.

Respected Contributor

Love it.....

Honored Contributor

The view is spectacular and I could easily stay in this lovely beach house for a few months of relaxation and serenity !

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

None of the rooms have me falling in love but overall, what a sweet cottage. I'd definitely take it, move in and make some changes. As for being for rent from the Duchy of Cornwall, I believe Charles, as the Duke of Cornwall, essentially IS the Duchy of Cornwall... 

@stevieb   Yes, he controls the pursestrings.  

Will be glad when that is William's job.  Perhaps the RF can be brought under control.

Honored Contributor

I meant to say earlier, @LindaSal, how much I envy you having been there!  I never got west of Devon.

Had trouble loading photos of the fabled isles, but if anyone googles "Isle of Scilly" or "Scilly Isles",  gorgeous marine and coastal photos materialize... 

Trusted Contributor

Lovely cottage.  Lots of natural light, great kitchen.  Fabulous view.  Thanks for sharing.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

None of the rooms have me falling in love but overall, what a sweet cottage. I'd definitely take it, move in and make some changes. As for being for rent from the Duchy of Cornwall, I believe Charles, as the Duke of Cornwall, essentially IS the Duchy of Cornwall... 

@stevieb   Yes, he controls the pursestrings.  

Will be glad when that is William's job.  Perhaps the RF can be brought under control.

@Nonametoday  If QR2's longevity is any indication, I suspect William's reign is quite a ways off...

Smiley Wink

Was thinking about this earlier. When Charles does ascend and William becomes the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall, you wonder if they'll stick to their guns and Camilla will not be called queen. If so, what will they call her? She can't continue to be the Duchess of Cornwall, because when Kate becomes the Princess of Wales, she also becomes the Duchess of Cornwall. I mean, they'll have to call her something. "Hey you" probably isn't going to work...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's gone generic, both inside and out. Now it could be any rental cottage, anywhere.