Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Social Sofa" in a Living Room

Not a fan of the sofa or even the room as a whole.  For whatever reason, I do like that striped little side table that sits behind the sofa though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono  It's a nice room. Sofa is different. I like the teal chairs and the pops of pink. Especially in the drapes.

Thank you for posting for us even through your schedule is crazy busy. I appreciate all your posts and look for them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nothing in this room really appeals to me. I don't like the sofa design at all. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Yeah, sounds goofy, right? But of course, the concrete social sofas are outside, so I guess it makes sense. Like a really solid and theft proof version of a park bench. I do like the idea of making a place for my neighbors to sit!

Honored Contributor

That is a very interesting, creative and pretty room!

Very cool trashcan? and pillows, pictures, flowers,fan and curtains.Whoever did this really put their artistry into it.

It's also very uplifting!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I was taught by a wise decorator many decades ago.....always purchase a sofa with two cushions because three people never sit on a sofa. I suppose the exception would be the large sectional sofas that people have today. I have an older traditional home with a traditional 2-cushion sofa in my living room.  I think a sectional would be great in a large family room, which I no longer have.  The sofa in the photo does not appeal to me at all. Only thing I like in that room is the dark wood floor. 

Honored Contributor

I like everything in the room except the sofa.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Oh I see! It's a table not a tradh can lol!

And I didn't realize the couch had no center backrest.

Yes I have a couch that sits 3-4 but I agree about not liking the middle because there is usually no side tables to put things so I still like this,

then someone would be less likely to get stuck in the middle.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

What a gruesome room!

@insomniac2 can you elaborate?  

This is what I think of when I read "gruesome."

10 Ideal Scary Living Room Pictures | Wohnzimmer dekor, Bilder wohnzimmer,  Wohnzimmer farbe

Honored Contributor

I never heard of a social sofa. I LOVE a converstion sofa though. I'm pretty sure I'm choosing that for my next couch. 

"Pure Michigan"