Looks really relaxing and inviting. Real homey. Love

Valued Contributor

Re: "Shabby Loft" Living Room

I am over the shabby chic look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

LOVE the actual structure, furniture is ok, hate the rug.

Me too... I like the cabinet, and the sofa and chair are nice, if not exactly what I'd choose, but I love a loft and loft look... Not wild about the coffee table or rug...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I really love the white-washed brick as well.  Funny thing, the technique is called "German Schmear" which I learned about on Fixer Upper on HGTV.

Honored Contributor

And.........I thought *I* had a lot of "stuff".......................(!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

too cluttered for me....I love the architectural detail of the window that opens to the yard...

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@lolakimono

Odd one out here.  Love the room decor, and could have a room with those pieces  but the walls look moldy, dirty, broken and would never want to live like that.

Totally agree @hopi.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like an unmade bed, to me.

I have tons of "stuff" in my abode, but I prefer to have clear pathways; rooms with purpose other than lying around (like collecting dust!).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

LOVE this look!  Nothing shabby about it, very cool, very chic.  It's those exposed brick that I love especially.  Some year ago I lived in a really cool condo that had a huge wall of exposed red brick.  I loved how the condo was built - a metal spiral staircase to the 2nd floor that was all open to both bedrooms, an enormous walkin closet for both of them. Yes there were doors on the 2 bdrms but you could walk around in a circle from one room to the next that led to the bathroom.

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@lolakimono

Odd one out here.  Love the room decor, and could have a room with those pieces  but the walls look moldy, dirty, broken and would never want to live like that.

I agree. hate the walls. I do like the sofa, chair, and pillows but would not actually have that sofa in my home.