Honored Contributor

From Pottery Barn-

Image may contain: indoor

I love pink, but I'm not feeling this one.  

Esteemed Contributor

Too crowded.  I hope the chairs swivel, so when the window cranks open we could turn that way.

Cogito ergo sum
Contributor

Beautiful! Looks like a magazine. Love it.

Honored Contributor

The chandelier isn't right in that room...not that I'm a decorating genius🙂

Honored Contributor

Re: "Shabby Canopy" Bedroom

[ Edited ]

I like the bed and the white curtains hanging from it.  Do not like the duvet, etc.  I recently purchased an iron bed from Crate & Barrel called the Mason at an awesome price.  Beds are expensive.  It's perfect for me.  I no longer need a bed skirt and absolutely love this bed.  I was using a bed skirt before I purchased the bed and I do not want to wash & iron a bed skirt at my age (mid 60's).  I want my life to be as easy as possible. I don't want a lot of maintenance.  My dresser and nightstand is from Pottery Barn called the Sumantra (not sure if I spelled right).  It looks great with my iron bed.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The walls in my whole house are about the color of those walls.  It's very neutral and looks beige at night.  I've had the same color in the last 3 homes I've owned; mother had it in her house too. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I use to love canopy beds but they just don't appeal to me any longer. This room doesn't make me want to sleep in it in any way.

Esteemed Contributor

I  llike the room, especially the soothing colors, but I do not like the canopy. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: "Shabby Canopy" Bedroom

[ Edited ]

I just dont like the way this room is decorated.....seems too crowded, dont like the chairs or the chandelier............I like the bedspread.

But it does bring back fond memories,  when I was a child I had a canopy bed with white french provincial furniture.....the thing I remember most is making a game of throwing my stuffed animals on top of the canopy......LOL!!!

Girls-Canopy-Bed.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Too many outliers....the chandelier doesn't belong in this room, the iron frame on the canopy bed would be attractive in white, the chairs seem too large for the space.  The pros: love the color of the walls and the bedspread.