Honored Contributor

Do you like the idea of framing a scarf?

I purchased this vintage find from Etsy that I had custom framed for our office at school.

Before-

The edges were a bit discolored so it was cropped to fit in the after, below.

Esteemed Contributor

Thats a great idea; there are some great scarves out there ( on EBay many are Chinese and start at $6).  In the 60s I used to frame a yard of material (great visual impact).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Scarfwork"

[ Edited ]

That's very cool ...I once had a Bob Mackie huge original silk scarf framed (from his beginning at the Q, when the silk momme weight was very substantial).   It still looks great today ...

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono    You did a nice job selecting the frame for the dancers.  I have one I'd like to frame but probably won't because I have no place to put it and I know it would be expensive.  My house looks like a gallery as it is. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono   Looks beautiful and so appropriate for the Spanish Department.

Honored Contributor

I framed a southwestern themed scarf that I got from LL Bean years ago.  Worked very well. Finally, took it out of the frame and now am using it as a scarf.

Honored Contributor

I have seen a couple of Hermes scarves with horses I would have framed in a heartbeat! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner :  Check out EBay, they have some Versace and Hermes knockoffs that would work well framed.  I'm not sure I'd have the heart to frame a genuine Hermes scarf!

Honored Contributor

Actually, I do like the idea. Musical notes above the piano would look nice.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono That is very nice and I love how the frame matches the color in the scarf.

This is something I never would have thought of, very creative.  I do have a couple of greeting cards in small frames though,  one is a picture of a vineyard and the other a picture of a Van Goh painting.