Valued Contributor

Re: "SMALL" CASTLE IN SCOTLAND, BACK FROM NOTHING

Thanks @Oznell , nice to "see" you too!

Honored Contributor

The saga, castle and grounds are pretty amazing. The castle features some neat spaces and wonderful elements. I like it but wouldn't want to live in it. Not enough light, not enough windows and too many levels for me to navigate.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

You find the most beautiful nuggets!

I would need a helicopter or I would wilt.  Alas, I am too social, however, I could do a week!    Maybe!!!

Honored Contributor

Does it have airconditioning?  It looks stuff and maybe damp. . . Woman Frustrated  But it is lovely.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Oznell 

You find the most beautiful nuggets!

I would need a helicopter or I would wilt.  Alas, I am too social, however, I could do a week!    Maybe!!!

@ECBG 

I didn't even think of that!  I couldn't stand living out in no man's land, I want to see neighbors and people in general.  There always someone walking down the street or riding their bike.

I actually prefer entertaining friends in my home as opposed to meeting them somewhere.  (You can only hog a table for so long!)

@Oznell 

This is a delightful place.  I love what they did with it.  Imagine the history in that very spot!  Some good, but I guess some could be bad, too!  You do find some gems!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting, too interesting.  Went to google but they don't seem to have pictures of the before.  Guess it was really trashed and burned.

Honored Contributor

Wonderful!!!!  I love castles and am so in love with them!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining,  you're right, it is hard to find.  This was the best of the "befores" that I could find:

d90d60b6b7ba556303e07310e3e1eeb9.jpg

Quite a contrast with the "after":

de.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad to see this castle restored. I love that it has a little chapel in it.

I have watched a lot of abandoned castles and mansions video's and see such beautiful architecture and furniture worth a fortune just going to waste.  It makes me feel sad.  What a waste, I think.  Some are so old they can't even trace the history back to who owned them originally. Why they don't try to salvage at least some of the beautiful things inside... I don't know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Thanks for finding the photo.  Good detective.  I assumed it was just pile of rubble.