Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful bed, though I prefer some of the paint colors to the wood tones... Regardless, that price, yikes... I like Ethan Allen but not sure what you can do to a bed to make it worth what they're asking for it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: "Quincy" Bed

[ Edited ]

For several years, I wanted the Ethan Allen Quincy bed and finally bought it in black about five years ago.  Loved it.

Decided when we were moving just a few years later that the black finish was likely to get damaged in the move (and I absolutely HATE even minor furniture flaws), so I advertised it on Craigslist and easily sold it.

Still miss that bed but think it has too much wood to scale properly in our new  smaller bedroom.

.  It now comes in many different colors, but black is still the most flattering to show off  the  complex lines of the bed, in my opinion.

Price of the bed today is about $400 or so more than it was about five years ago.  It's apparently very popular!

Trusted Contributor

I like the color contrast, not so much the headboard.  I also prefer a cleaner, simpler appearance.

Respected Contributor

@SnowpuppyBeautiful woodworking.  If a Dude can make that I wonde what a craftsman could do.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not my style.

Honored Contributor

Well, if this is in reference to Quin-zee Mass, it explains a lot about my grandparents bedroom furniture.  Very, very Colonial.

Honored Contributor

I love it @lolakimono. Ethan Allen always seems to have pieces that "speak" to me. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@SnowpuppyBeautiful woodworking.  If a Dude can make that I wonde what a craftsman could do.

IKR?? 😉

The builder I purchased my chest and night stands from asked me if I was interested in the bed but honestly, I've never had a headboard or footboard.

I had seen this bed displayed and I just knew. 

Esteemed Contributor

Like the EA bed!  Would you believe I'm sitting on an EA black with gold trim rocker that I got at a thrift shop for $25.  The cushions cost more than the chair!

I would never support the Amish.  They have 'puppy mills' - a real turn-off of the people I thought they were supposed to be, imho.

As for beds, I'd like a low bed with no boxspring so my furbaby can just jump in on his own!  Still haven't found one I liked.

Honored Contributor

We bought a similar style bed from EA back in 1975 called a Canon Ball bed in cherry. I was sick of that bed by the 90's and sold it. I like the Quincy bed, but I would not want to dust all that wood.