Respected Contributor

Re: "Old Fashioned" Teen Girl's Room

The chest and rug are nice,

I don’t know any girl though that would want her room to look like this.

Must say, that picture is pretty awful - I wouldn’t want it in my room or house.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Love the room except for the picture above the bed. As for being a teens room, I would have liked it compared to what I had. (Share with sister).

Respected Contributor

It may not be au courant for transient trend setters, but the room is meticulously clean and tastefully appointed. What I especially appreciate is the absence of electronics, giving an authentic sense of peace.  Whether a daughter, Mother or Grandmother, I believe any female would feel regarded and comfortable in this room.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@godi wrote:

Room is ok. Nothing to get excited about. 

i think it is just okay also. it might be okay for a guest room. it definitely needs a DESK and chair for a computer or for studying.

my kids rooms also needed a large screen tv for viewing and/or gaming. bookshelves are also a necessity.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It looks kind of lonely.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Yuck

Honored Contributor

Very sweet and nostalgic looking.  It doesn't look to me like something a young girl or teen would really find appealing.  I would, but then I'm old!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

It may not be au courant for transient trend setters, but the room is meticulously clean and tastefully appointed. What I especially appreciate is the absence of electronics, giving an authentic sense of peace.  Whether a daughter, Mother or Grandmother, I believe any female would feel regarded and comfortable in this room.

@IamMrsG   ... as a female, I very respectfully disagree!  I truly appreciate the cleanliness, and also the care that that someone took in putting it together, but it's far from my taste and comfort level, and not a room that would draw me in.  

It's great that we all have different taste.  Makes the world a more interesting place!

Honored Contributor

No!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for it whatsoever!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown