Honored Contributor

"EUROPEAN RUSTIC" AND MORE COFFEE TABLE LOOKS

[ Edited ]

snapshot.jpg

This blogger, "Janina",  loves a large-scaled, very neutral, sort of European/rustic look in her house.  She shows different ways she styles her coffee table, which is the size of a small country!  I'd LOVE to have her ginormous coffee table, but it would swamp my rather 'cozy' little sitting area...

@GingerPeach,  in the other coffee table videos, you wanted to see coasters, and here she makes nice use of them...

I think my favorite vignette is the last one she does  (the "bonus" one that she does after you think the video's ended, the one with the two toned tray and those yummy chunky candlesticks)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7RWniVPeeI

Honored Contributor

Re: "EUROPEAN RUSTIC" AND MORE COFFEE TABLE LOOKS

I enjoyed the video and thought the decor was well placed and appealing.  The coffee table itself is lovely but much too big for my space.  I have stated many times in posts that I have always used old books on tables and placed  family photos and decor on them.  I usually pile no more than three books and stack them different ways.  

I too liked the bonus look and despite the fact the table is big, she doesn't over do the decor, it is simple and  done with style.  

The only problem I encountered with coffee tables in the past was that they did become cluttered.  Eventually I decided not to have a table and I do not miss it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That was fun to watch.  I liked the first one for the heighth of the center piece but they all had some interesting pieces and I liked how she worked pieces together.

It inspired me to go take a look at my own coffee table which hasn't changed in too long even though I like what is on it.  I laughed that the box of Kleenex has to go.  Thank for posting the video, I'm going to look for possible changes I could make here.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Oznell 

You're right, the bonus arrangement is much more striking. The coffee table itself is gorgeous.

I do hope those coasters will be used. It is very nice to see some included.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Me too, @Free2be ,  I love to get inspired, even if it's just re-arranging what I have.  Sometimes when I shop my own house, I get lucky!