Respected Contributor

A collected room, an eclectic room of an individual's style, likings and personality.

It has a message that says home, and this is me.

Trusted Contributor

I like the wall color & french door.

NOPE to the rest.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Like the rug.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Not for me, but I think it borders on being very tasteful.  Smiley Happy

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

It looks a little too much. The space doesn’t look tidy and relaxing.

Esteemed Contributor

Remove the antlers, swap out the printed curtains for solid, and I'm in!

Honored Contributor

Most of you have exchanged posts with me, and have at least some things in common with my way of thinking, and have chatted in the past and shared some laughs and tears, but as to the tea party I was planning to have in my living room with all of you invited, I’ll have to respectfully request- PLEASE DON’T COME.

Since DH and I were VERY LATE coming to the Grandparent’s Club, I decided, when we moved to our new (OLD) ranch, that a large shelf system built between the granite fireplace and the wall would be designated TOY WORLD and that’s what it has been.

If you’re not into the eclectic charm of looking at, (and occasionally sitting on) a Fisher Price barn or Minnie Mouse tea kettle or a few Infantinos, you just won’t be catching the ambiance of my decor AT ALL.

If I live long enough I assume they will say OH GRANDMA when the toys have stopped fitting THEIR lifestyle, but for now, it’s ABSOLUTELY DI-VINE with both theirs and ours, and fact is, when we entertain, it IS something of a “conversation piece”. We don’t have too many REAL friends or relatives that don’t comprehend our “vibe” anyway.

Respected Contributor

For me it looks cluttered.

Esteemed Contributor

Did someone visit my aunt recently? This was her living room. As a kid, I never knew where to look first. When we visited, I slept on the sofa. A bit unsettling.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

It’s too cluttered, and nothing seems to coordinate. It’s a hodgepodge, IMO. I do like the soft green color of the walls, but that’s about it.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~