Honored Contributor

Re: "Collected" Living Room

[ Edited ]

The space itself seems pleasant. I have no problem at all with collections or what some might call 'clutter'. The simple fact is I just don't much care for the things this person has amassed. The only item I really like is the large ginger jar in the background and the rug in the foreground looks sort of interesting. The cabinet might prove appealing but it's hard to discern. The wall color is nice but I don't care for any of the fabrics. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Love the floors and wall color. Too much stuff on surfaces for me. 

Honored Contributor

Too much "stuff"  in a small room.  I lived like that once with clutter and "stuff" all around me but not now.  

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Add  a couple hundred more books,  more stuff on the walls and flat surfaces, and a few more pillows ... and change the color scheme ... that's my living room!  Smiley Wink 

I love being surrounded by my :"stuff."

Oh!  I forget  ... imagine several WIPs (works in progress) here and there.

@ALRATIBA    It's a possibility we're related.........

@ALRATIBA  and @Desertdi  ... i am related to you both too!!

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Image may contain: living room, table and indoor

Too many mis-matched colors and prints...too much stuff...too much clutter.

Esteemed Contributor

Somebody missed their Designing 101 Class by partying and staying out too late.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Please--spare me!

Honored Contributor

Put it in the den!  I am so against killing an animal for their antlers.  Cruel.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don’t like to look at, or be in rooms that are filled with so much stuff.   Makes no difference if I’m looking at valuable, expensive stuff, or junky, flea market finds, I am physically uncomfortable in a room full of stuff.   

Esteemed Contributor

I need that tray on the coffee table! While the collection has some things that I wouldn't "collect", I think it's a wonderfully warm room for the homeowner with his or her treasured pieces.