Honored Contributor

Re: "Better Homes than Ours"

Sometimes they will offer a subscriber the option of sending two free gift subscriptions for a year.  Since Better Homes has recipes, and you love to cook, I bet that's your link.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Mystery subscriptions happen sometimes.  A few years ago, I started getting Glamour magazine.  I hadn't subscribed to it, it just started coming and I thought, I will enjoy it until they ask me to renew it and that will be the end of that.  The magazines kept coming for 4 or 5 years and I never did get a notice to renew.  And then they stopped.   Same think happened with some baby or childcare magazine.  It just started coming and after a year or so, it stopped coming.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Mystery subscriptions happen sometimes.  A few years ago, I started getting Glamour magazine.  I hadn't subscribed to it, it just started coming and I thought, I will enjoy it until they ask me to renew it and that will be the end of that.  The magazines kept coming for 4 or 5 years and I never did get a notice to renew.  And then they stopped.   Same think happened with some baby or childcare magazine.  It just started coming and after a year or so, it stopped coming.  

@chrystaltree THAT is odd.  I can't imagine Glamour being free, they're such a HARD sell.  

Trusted Contributor

@ID2  wrote:

I never pay for magazine subscriptions! I belong to quite a few freebie websites and constantly get 2-year subscriptions to my favorite magazines. 

ID2, Can you share with us the freebie websites that you belong to that constantly provide you with 2-year free subscriptions?   Please share.

Honored Contributor

Just by being a good customer and paying certain bills on-time, often qualifies us for these magazine subscriptions.   It’s a promotional thing between the publishing company and the different businesses we are customers of, and is exactly how our names wind up on more mailing lists.