Honored Contributor

people who use vinegar in their laundry ...

Is it just regular vinegar or is it that cleaning vinegar I see at the grocery store? Do you put it in the wash cycle or the rinse?

Honored Contributor

Re: people who use vinegar in their laundry ...

I have always used just plain regular vinegar.  Towels and washcloths are the only thing I use the vinegar on and to get any soap residue and musty smell out I use it in the rinse.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

white vinegar

rinse cycle if needed

Honored Contributor

ETA 

haven't seen "cleaning vinegar" but I'd bet it's the same as white, but fancied up to appeal to those who think it's best thing since sliced bread

buy a gallon of the cheapest white you can find

Respected Contributor

I put some plain white vinegar in the rinse water sometimes to help rinse out all excess soap like when washing towels.  A cup for a large load sounds about right.

I have never seen the cleaning vinegar but I would read the label to see if any detergent has been added to it before using it.  I guess it could be added to the wash cycle.

Honored Contributor

White vinegar and or baking soda, both work to get chlorine out of swim wear, Ihve never seen Cleaning vinegar, probably white vinegar and twice the price

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I use the cleaning vinegar. It is stronger (more acidic) than the regular.

Honored Contributor

I use both white and apple cider vinegar but never the cleaning vinegar, which has 10% acid vs 5% for the regular stuff.

Honored Contributor

I buy a box of two one-gallon jugs of white vinegar at Costco for about $3 for cleaning....so much better than the chemicals.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd

I did not know Costco has vinegar. Good to know because the grocery store price is ridiculous. I usually get it at Smart and final but Costco would be good I am sure. Thanks.