Frequent Contributor

if you have a pedestal sink in half bath, do you like it ? Why yes or why no, thank you

Honored Contributor

We do in our powder room. It's one of the first things we did when we moved in. We also had s vintage-looking faucet, in antique brass, with the white centers with H and C on them. I loved that faucet, but sadly we couldn't replace it when we needed to. 

I may have given up the under sink storage cabinet most of my friends have, but my small powder room looks bigger, and I love the look of my pedestal sink! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I must have storage and a place to set things so I'd never have a pedestal sink.  I don't know how they sell them as they're so impractical. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I used to love the look of a pedestal sink in my downstairs 1/2 bath. But the lack of storage drove me nuts! I updated that bath last year.

Frequent Contributor

I also like the vintage look , thank you so much

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I must have storage and a place to set things so I'd never have a pedestal sink.  I don't know how they sell them as they're so impractical. 

I totally agree with Kachina! A family member had one in their house and when I stayed there it drove me crazy. There was no place to set my makeup, beauty supplies, toothpaste, or curling iron when I was getting ready. I had to set my curling iron IN the sink while I was curling my hair--yuck! Plus, with no storage, the toilet paper had to be stored outside of the bathroom in the hallway linen closet--very inconvenient. I understand that everyone has different priorities, but for me, functionality is more important than esthetics. Just my opinion....

Honored Contributor

I have a rather small powder room. Only enough room for a toilet and sink. I have a very cute pedestal sink. Love it! I found an adorable cabinet that I have on the wall over my toilet to hold tp and such. Perfect! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I prefer a vanity, but when my Mom had to use her walker in our small bathroom I had to remove the vanity and install a pedestal sink to make it easier for her to maneuver. 

Pedestal sinks are both good and bad depending on your view. They're good from a design standpoint in that they're sleek, don't take up much room, are easy to clean, and can look very nice. 

From a practical standpoint however, they're kind of a pain. They're much harder to plumb. There's no storage and limited flat areas to put anything.

Now that Mom's died, I'm likely at some point to remove the pedestal sink and replace it with a vanity again. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I have in desire to have a pedestal sink in any of my bathrooms.

Respected Contributor

I like the look in some bathrooms, but I think they're totally impractical.