Honored Contributor

Re: new vinyl plank floor---nice!!!

@Travone--yesI will post pics when I can------

Honored Contributor

@millieshops---it got very good reviews and even better---it was local and I could get my hands on it fast. So many things I had to order online and then wait til they got to me-----this contruction stuff is very stressful!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirlI know what you mean.  Having done revovations several times in my long life,  I've hit a wall with this current need.  I know I have to do it, I know it will never get any easier, and still I've having a hard time commiting.

So glad to know the vinyl planking is working so well.  I know once I commit, that's my forever floor.  If I make a paint color mistake, I think I could some day live through doing that again -  just not floors!

Frequent Contributor

Sounds pretty @wagirl!

Honored Contributor

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

We recently had vinyl plank installed in our new home. We really like it. Hope you will continue to enjoy yours. Your description sounds pretty.

@Ladylaughsalot   Did the vinyl flooring have to be delivered several days before being installed so it could acclimate?  I am being told it needs it, also by others that it does not need to acclimate.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Havarti---I bought it from Home Depot--it's their brand called Lifeproof Click and Lock vinyl plank flooring and we got it in Sterling grey.I think it was $63 a box that covered 20 sq ft--we only needed 2 1/2 boxes but bought 3 of course. I wanted a different color but all the area stores were out of it---but this looks really good. and OMG---dirt would have looked better than what was on the floor originally!!!

@wagirl   Did the planks have to acclimate before being installed? 

Regular Contributor

I also have Home Depot Life Proof luxury vinyl planks - I love them also.

There is so much information about what to use to clean them - some say water and vinegar, some say NO vinegar.

Any ideas?  I use water with a little vinegar.

And, no, it doesn't have to be acclimated prior to installation.

Valued Contributor

Sorry for the delay on answering your question.  Our floors were delivered (in their original boxes), and left to sit in our living room for a few days before installing.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

We recently had vinyl plank installed in our new home. We really like it. Hope you will continue to enjoy yours. Your description sounds pretty.

@Ladylaughsalot   Did the vinyl flooring have to be delivered several days before being installed so it could acclimate?  I am being told it needs it, also by others that it does not need to acclimate.

@mousiegirl 

The Armstrong Pryzm vinyl plank flooring we just had installed required being brought into the house several days before. 

We had a local flooring store (third generation) who sells good quality product do our work, and they insisted it come into the home, and be put in the room it was to be laid. I couldn't keep it in the attached garage. Even though it was summer, and 90 degrees or more each day, and no air in my house, they were definite about having it there and in the rooms it would be laid for a few days before so it could acclimate. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reviews.  Dear friends of ours want to remove all their laminate flooring and replace with HW and I am trying to convince them to avoid the $$$ and maintenance of real HW and go with vinyl plank.  I have/had real HW in several homes some exotic species and while BEAUTIFUL, I would never spend the time or money again.