Frequent Contributor

I read that a couple of you have already got a peek at the new jars coming up in next week's show. Could you please let me know where to look?

Thanks so much and have a good, warm weekend.....

Frequent Contributor

Re: new mason jars from valerie

They were shown in the February issue of the Insider.

Super Contributor

Very clever, desperate. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

But I think Mason jars made of mercury glass, with LED lights, are an aberration. Home canners should be horrified.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/17/2014 ennui1 said:

Very clever, desperate. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

But I think Mason jars made of mercury glass, with LED lights, are an aberration. Home canners should be horrified.

Well, I tried, lol! A mod found my post or someone reported it.

lab mommy, if you have a way to check Valerie's facebook, you should be able to find the number there in a comment from someone who posted it.

Valued Contributor

On 1/17/2014 lab mommy said:

I read that a couple of you have already got a peek at the new jars coming up in next week's show. Could you please let me know where to look?

Thanks so much and have a good, warm weekend.....

I don't think they will be shown next week as they are to be the TSV for February 18th.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately I don't get the insider but I will definitely check her facebook page. I do not can, my mom does, but I totally get what you mean ennui1. I have antique blue canning jars that I drop flameless tea lights in at seasonal times for a soft glow but I am curious how hers will look. Smile Have a good Sunday everyone.

Super Contributor

Darn, I couldn't find the jars on Valerie's facebook page.

Honored Contributor

I'll wait to see it, but on the fact of it, no, lit mercury glass Mason jars, wouldn't seem something I'd want a great deal... Maybe they'll wow me more than I expect them to.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

They look very pretty in the photo...at least the sliver with gold but I can't tell about the other colors since they only gave a small sample picture of them. I don't remember what those colors are since I don't have the Insider in front of me.

I'm actually thinking of trying to make the silver version myself. There are tutorials online on how to paint glass and give it that mercury look. It might be fun and mason jars are so cheap!