Respected Contributor

new ge washer 6 month update

its been just over 6 months that we have had our ge washer and we still love it. it washes clothes very well. fills full of water, has the agitator and when it spins it takes alot of water out of clothes so dry time is shorter. my mother inlaw is 76 years so shes old school and she said its quieter and washes better than her old whirlpool washer. lot of cycles and options to chose from. so if you want a washer  the older kind you were use to this ge washer is well worth it. and it was only 560.00.we bought it at a small independent store.

Contributor

Re: new ge washer 6 month update

@Pooky1 

Good for you & thanks for the report.

I still mourn for my old GE washer.  It was a top loader with agitator AND it had a screen that fit on top of the agitator where all the lint would collect.  Oh, I miss it.

My speed queen gets them clean BUT the dark clothes, especially, have tons of lint.   So, when it was new, I told the store and they sent a youngster who told me how to wash clothes!  Said my detergent was depositing lint (Tide).  Said they use styrofoam and other stuff in it.  I showed him the door, politely, cuz he must have been tetched.  🙃

Honored Contributor

I love my Hotpoint from 2013, it is made by GE. 

Respected Contributor

@Elri I 

What year is your Speed Queen?  

Valued Contributor

I really like our GE washer and dryer too. Mine is a top loader with an agitator. I hope they don't ever stop making top loaders with an agitator.

Honored Contributor

When my neighbor bought her Speed Queen set, we looked at GE models. They were so light weight compared to the other brand. Yet I truly believe that the GE washer/dryer would have been fine for a retired person living alone. The price was good too.

Respected Contributor

I have had my GE washer with agitator for a couple of years.  Like being able to add water.  It does move a bit when loaded and not well insulated but better than many choices available.  Clothes cleaned better than last HE LG.  

Honored Contributor

We bought a new GE washer in January.  

Top load, agitator, pick your water level.  I still have to lie to it.

It's an okay washer and I guess it's a lot better than some others that are available.