Esteemed Contributor

I just love all the home and fashion filled photo posts. I hope they fix the issue soon. Thanks to the ladies who take the time to entertain us with these unique and visual posts. 👍👍

Honored Contributor

@Tyak 

@ScenicMaine 

and others...

I have been extremely busy with school, and to be honest, there was a "new poster" who started a thread to slam me (and probably @stevieb too) for the photos, and how we weren't contributing anything to the forum but rather "spamming' the forum.  It left a bad taste in my mouth, although to my knowledge that poster hasn't reappeared.

I changed jobs this year to be a department chair, and while my commute has been shortened, everything else has taken more time.  I have two new preparations, and I get 45 minutes to plan for each class, assuming that nothing else interrupts my day.  It is testing season, so for all of April and May, there have been AP exams, high stakes testing, state required exams for graduation, and make ups.  I have had to proctor or assist with administration of many of these exams, so I haven't had a lot of time in the school day to get work done.  This means many late nights and too much screen time.  We have a ton of events leading up to graduation (senior awards, prom, sports finals, etc) that most of us are running on empty.  To be a "highly effective" teacher, it's not enough to do what we do in the classroom, but we are encouraged to attend the events and document our presence on social media.

I have two more weeks left of "regular" work and then my summer work begins, but then I won't have the grading/planning that takes up my p.m.

So thank you for the shout out!  I will be back when things calm down, and hopefully that will give me time to find some new pictures for us to discuss.  

I did post my UGLY office makeover thread, if you didn't get a chance to see it, I think it's worth checking out.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Home/My-UGLY-Office-Makeover/m-p/5458004#M176198

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono.  I'm glad to know all is well with you and certainly understand this is the "busy season" for teachers.  Our school have been out over a week now.

I didn't see the post from the obnoxious newbie and she ought to be glad I didn't.  Hard to imagine someone being so nervy.  Ignore it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb.  I could have written a version of the great American novel in the time I've sat and waited for photos to load.

It's ridiculous @Kachina624  and clearly, they're not concerned about fixing it... And yes, you're right, it's soooo sloooowwww... The only attention TPTB seem to want to pay to these boards is having the moderators take down posts...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono, Miss you terribly. End of year activities are exciting but def. wearing. After you have a necessary R&R please come back to home. I have learnt so much because of your sincere help. Mc

Honored Contributor

The Home forum isn't the same without @lolakimono.  I understand how busy you are though.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad to see you're still here, lola and hopefully when your schedule isn't so busy, you'll be back with your usually lovely rooms.