Honored Contributor

Re: laminate vs. plank vinyl

I have vinyl plank in my basement. I love it. We just moved in January to a new home. I put in ceramic tile that looks like wood in the foyer, kitchen, bathrooms, family room- the whole first floor. Omg, it looks amazing. It's so easy to care for and it looks so fresh and Modern. Wears like iron.

Regular Contributor

Shopr......Mannington is one brand and that is what I will probably go with just because I know the brand. Another sample I brought home was a brand called Inspiria (or close to that). I brought home four samples....each of them is Mannington Sundance and then 3 different shades of wood.

I'm looking at some local flooring stores......not sure if our contractor would go through a Menards, Lowes, etc. Guess I should check those out for prices.

Honored Contributor

Our camper is mannington - i'm pretty sure it is called Richmond cherry.

Honored Contributor

You can do a Google image search for ""Vinyl plank flooring"" and gets lots of images of finished vinyl plank floors to give you inspiration. There are some absolutely gorgeous vinyl plank floors out there these days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I detest laminate flooring--it always looks cheap to me, no matter how good the quality is.

The vinyl plank flooring is great, though, in my opinion. We own a lot of rental homes, and we have been switching them out to the vinyl plank flooring. It is very durable and is going to save us tons of money in the long run. Before, we often had to replace carpeting after a tenant moved. This vinyl flooring is great. Even if they do manage to damage it, we can take out only the damaged planks and replace them, rather than the whole floor.

I only have hardwood in my own home.....but I do like the vinyl planks.

Super Contributor

My daughter and SIL just put the vinyl wood look flooring down in their whole house. It's gorgeous! I'm so impressed. Wish I would have done it instead of the laminate I put down.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions/replies to my question above. The Mannington brand looks very promising, and luckily I found out through their website that several flooring stores within 40 miles of here sell that brand. I particularly like the pattern of the Dockside planks and Sundance. I will also be on the lookout for Inspiria when shopping.

New Contributor

I have Congoleum vinyl plank through my entire house and I love it. People often think it's hardwood. Easy upkeep, but it will knick if you drop something on it just right and ouch I have. I first had it in a small townhouse bathroom and then when we built a house we had it installed throughout. 10 years old and still looks pretty.

Honored Contributor

Check out CoreTec Plus. It's luxury vinyl plank flooring and it's also ""green.""