Honored Contributor

This is mine and I love it!

It's from HD, and it's been reduced since I bought mine.

Honored Contributor

In my old house I had a single sink - farmhouse sink - large and deep. Now I have a small double sink that is very shallow. I would love to replace it . Someday.

Honored Contributor

I have a double stainless sink, and I'm very happy with it. They're very deep.

Trusted Contributor

Ladies, one other consideration. We remodeled our kitchen three years ago and love it but the sink is one thing I would redo in a heartbeat. First, we got deep sinks. My DH says it actually hurts his back to lean in that far. He's 6'3". And yes, he still does dishes, bless his heart. Also, I wish I had gotten a single large bowl instead of the second, smaller side with the garbage disposal. It's just wasted space for me. Too small and difficult to even rinse anything off in that side. Finally, the stainless does have to be babied. We didn't know that and even though it still looks okay, it's not as pretty as it was when it was new. It does get scratched up and looks like the old one.

Due to the shape of this double sink and the fact it is undermounted in granite I don't know if I can ever replace it but if I can I will!

KJPA
Honored Contributor

I got a big Elkay stainless sink with two sides. I was warned not to get a too-deep sink because reaching in will hurt your back. I bought the best one I could afford and would not trade it. It is quite because it has sound dampening underneath, sturdy and the finish has help up very well!

Honored Contributor
On 8/31/2014 KJPA said:

Ladies, one other consideration. We remodeled our kitchen three years ago and love it but the sink is one thing I would redo in a heartbeat. First, we got deep sinks. My DH says it actually hurts his back to lean in that far. He's 6'3". And yes, he still does dishes, bless his heart. Also, I wish I had gotten a single large bowl instead of the second, smaller side with the garbage disposal. It's just wasted space for me. Too small and difficult to even rinse anything off in that side. Finally, the stainless does have to be babied. We didn't know that and even though it still looks okay, it's not as pretty as it was when it was new. It does get scratched up and looks like the old one.

Due to the shape of this double sink and the fact it is undermounted in granite I don't know if I can ever replace it but if I can I will!

You can buy an insert rack, removable, which prevents pots, etc. from touching the bottom of the sink, thereby preventing scratching.

Respected Contributor

Sink

Mine is like this. I love that the left side is large enough for me to set my grill pan flat on the bottom to scrub. At 9" deep, it's deep enough for large pots, but not so deep that I can't reach the bottom and I'm really short. I don't really use the right bowl and would skip it next time or put the food disposer on that side, although I don't use a disposer that often.

Honored Contributor

When I remodeled, I got a large white farmhouse sink. It looks a lot like the one below...except my shaker style cabinets are moss green. I LOVE it. I previously had a double stainless sink...they are tough to keep looking shiny...plus they were too small to be practical. I can even wash the dog in this one. I actually had the garbage disposal removed. I throw garbage once or twice a day and didn't use it enough to keep it.

Super Contributor
I have a stainless steel one with the divider in the middle. I hate it. The stainless is all scratched and the divider makes it hard to was larger items like my crock pot bowl or the container in my electric turkey fryer. I'm not sure what I will go with next time, but I know for sure what I won't.
Super Contributor
On 8/31/2014 terrier3 said:

When I remodeled, I got a large white farmhouse sink. It looks a lot like the one below...except my shaker style cabinets are moss green. I LOVE it. I previously had a double stainless sink...they are tough to keep looking shiny...plus they were too small to be practical. I can even wash the dog in this one. I actually had the garbage disposal removed. I throw garbage once or twice a day and didn't use it enough to keep it.

I love this one.