Honored Contributor

Re: if you keep a wreath on your front door year round

Right now, we're still enjoying our (real greens) Christmas wreath. At the end of the month, or if it starts to really dry out - and so far it hasn't - we'll switch to our Valerie wreath that has a sled on it. I got that last year in a four-season AD, and it's on clearance right now! Before that I got a pretty winter wreath at Target from Smith and Hawkins. It's dark green leaves with a winter white flower all around. Smile

Welcome Friends Winter Wreath by Valerie - H201450

Valued Contributor

I have a round white frosted wreath made to look like long snow covered sticks and twigs.

Honored Contributor

Love a wreath on my front door, right now I have this from Hobby Lobby, with our last name initial in black in the middle:

Trusted Contributor

I pretty much do have a wreath on my front door all year, although I'm open to putting something else up there, should I find something else I love.

Last year I had a grapevine based wreath with some forsythia branches and blossoms on the door from spring until fall (the year before that I think I had a more "summer" blossom based wreath on the door during summer).

Then when fall came, I substituted a great fall leaves wreath which was replaced by a really big, large magnolia leaf wreath that was my Christmas wreath from last year. For the holidays I put a really big plaid red bow on it, but I've now replaced the bow with a quieter plaid bow that will stay there until winter is over...I guess to be replaced by that spring wreath unless I find something I like better.

I love changing for the seasons.

I do have a really pretty large basket that has a flat back, and that I've used for many years, on and off, for the front door. I may use that this spring or summer.

Esteemed Contributor

Looking for my winter wreath- vine wreath with red berries. It's in the basement somewhere. Bought it at a yard sale years ago.

Super Contributor

I have a winter red berry wreath I use on the door after I take the Christmas wreath down. I usually use that until Mardi Gras and then I'll put up a Mardi Gras wreath for a week or so and then take that down, put the berry wreath back up and leave that up until spring.

For spring I usually put up just a floral wreath. I have several different ones for each season, I just rotate them when I get tired of them or replace them when they get worn looking. Right now for summer I have a rustic starfish and shell wreath to use, for fall I have a harvest wreath with leaves and pinecones.

My kids always tease me about having seasonal wreaths. I just enjoy them. You have to be careful though when you take them down! I've found a wasp nest and a lizard in mine. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Furry said:

I have a round white frosted wreath made to look like long snow covered sticks and twigs.

Ooh- sound pretty!

Valued Contributor

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Valentine's Day heart.

Respected Contributor

I have an evergreen wreath with a cardinal, pine cones and some red berries. It's a VPH wreath from a few years ago.

wreath