Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl Oh you are so lucky to have a daughter...I too used to adore gardening and decorating...my health at this time seems need repairs, lol - so, I'll see what happens..

I have lots of squirrels here and I can hear them on the roof when I'm sleeping... few years back, I'd moved my bed to this back room to maybe sleep better..and just as I lay my head down, BOOM....something dropped into where I was laying and my dog chased it, it ran up some art cabinet...spilling paint all over, and out it disappeared..

I'm sure now it was a squirrel, lol..........sounded like a lion O.O.

I patched up the hole in the ceiling.....ha! I have cute snakes here too around the yard....I let them slither around...

Moved my bed right back up front then...lol.........Smiley Very Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

Re: My Home Back In 2005

[ Edited ]

@cbritewrote:

@mousiegirl Oh you are so lucky to have a daughter...I too used to adore gardening and decorating...my health at this time seems need repairs, lol - so, I'll see what happens..

I have lots of squirrels here and I can hear them on the roof when I'm sleeping... few years back, I'd moved my bed to this back room to maybe sleep better..and just as I lay my head down, BOOM....something dropped into where I was laying and my dog chased it, it ran up some art cabinet...spilling paint all over, and out it disappeared..

I'm sure now it was a squirrel, lol..........sounded like a lion O.O.

I patched up the hole in the ceiling.....ha! I have cute snakes here too around the yard....I let them slither around...

Moved my bed right back up front then...lol.........Smiley Very Happy

@cbrite  LOL!  I have a Pine tree that drops cones on the roof over my bed, sounds like a bomb, makes me jump every time, lol.

I have the what you said, lol, here also, but havn't seen one for a while, thank goodness.  One day I was on the phone, looked out the slider, and there was one of my cats with a long what you said hanging from her mouth, eeeew, get the chills just thinking about it, lol.

Lots of newts and larger dashing around, but they keep the bad bugs away.  I hate when they dart across the path right in front me , makes me yelp every time, lol, the larger, that is, the tiny don't bother me, but some are pretty big.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl Now that I think about it, possible it's acorns dropping on my roof...........but bed stays put Smiley Very Happy

I've had a coyote pass me by....strolling along.... the skunk got me tho...tiny fellow.....did not see him on my porch by my door at night and WOoosh....the scent hit me first... I knew it well - I looked down and there HE WAS/TAIL UP.

I don't know who ran in circles faster, me or that cute skunk

Smiley Very Happy

I ran out into the street finally.............oh such dear things they are.........I may have been screaming too, lol

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

Re: My Home Back In 2005

[ Edited ]

@cbritewrote:

@mousiegirl Now that I think about it, possible it's acorns dropping on my roof...........but bed stays put Smiley Very Happy

I've had a coyote pass me by....strolling along.... the skunk got me tho...tiny fellow.....did not see him on my porch by my door at night and WOoosh....the scent hit me first... I knew it well - I looked down and there HE WAS/TAIL UP.

I don't know who ran in circles faster, me or that cute skunk

Smiley Very Happy

I ran out into the street finally.............oh such dear things they are.........I may have been screaming too, lol

@cbrite  LOL, ooooh no!  There is no odor like it in the world! .  Years ago, I let my then dog out one night just before bed, and he came running toward the house.  As soon as I opened the door, I knew what had happened, S K U N K!!!  

I had heard that tomato juice would eliminate the odor, but all I had were boxes of chopped tomatoes from Italy, so doused him in that, lol, and gave him a bath, poor guy, lol.

One evening a few years ago, I looked out the kitchen window and saw something, but my mind's eye couldn't comprehend, then it dawned on me, a large skunk with an enormous tail rooting around.  I had never seen such a big one, took many pictures through the screen.

In my previous home, I was on the patio one hot evening, in the dark but with a light on, and all of a sudden I saw something, looked closer, and it was a small skunk eating the food I had put out for the feral cat.  No one moved more quickly and quietly than I did at that moment, lol, made it into the house without incident, never put food out again.

They move very slowly but with their defensive mechanism, they can afford to, lol.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl LOL....the skunk I had would run along the fence line...I could never figure out what the heck he did that for.........maybe protection from all my raccoons?...so silly.

I cannot image putting cans of tomatoes over my dogs, bahahaaaa...too funny!! But oh my that smell will make one gag O.O.....or worse. I'll leave my tiny snake before I head for bed....last time I saw him he slipped right into the heater outside vent to insdie.... Smiley Surprised

SNAKE so cute.JPG

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I really liked your pictures.  Both homes look lovely to me. 

Sometimes we don't get our dream home in life....I know I didn't. While we live in a rural addition of 50 houses and love our neighbors and the woods behind us, it was always my dream to have a little farmette.  DH just didn't share that dream.  I always wanted a little farmette in the country to raise my own veges, raise a cow for meat, and live off the land.  I would have a couple of big dogs and some cats, too and of course a barn.  Sigh....Oh, well....I think maybe in my next life it will be there!

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite  Your yard looks lovely. Enjoy.

I know what you mean about critters. We are sort of rural on over 2 acres and so, we see various varmints from time to time....deer, raccoons, the previous owner told us she had seen foxes....I love to sit outside on the back porch when it's cool and breezy.  Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@cbritewrote:

@mousiegirl LOL....the skunk I had would run along the fence line...I could never figure out what the heck he did that for.........maybe protection from all my raccoons?...so silly.

I cannot image putting cans of tomatoes over my dogs, bahahaaaa...too funny!! But oh my that smell will make one gag O.O.....or worse. I'll leave my tiny snake before I head for bed....last time I saw him he slipped right into the heater outside vent to insdie.... Smiley Surprised

SNAKE so cute.JPG

@cbrite  Thanks a lot, lol, this is not tiny!  I would freak out if I saw this as I freaked out when I saw a gopher snake here, chills just looking at it, lol.

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirlwrote:

@cbritewrote:

SNAKE so cute.JPG

@cbrite  Thanks a lot, lol, this is not tiny!  I would freak out if I saw this as I freaked out when I saw a gopher snake here, chills just looking at it, lol.

But just think how many mice and insects they eat......

Honored Contributor

@ptagirl  I have newts and larger eating those, except we don't have mice, we have rats, and other critters take care of some of those, lol.  We also have the slitherers, but none like the picture, it is so long, cringe, lol.