Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love your mailbox @cbrite!  I just recently bought a painted mailbox from Etsy, too.  It has daisies painted on it.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite  I like it - it looks cozy & comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@cbritewrote:

I had a cute little house back then...my 2 dogs r comfy and my kitties are outside I guess and my goldfish is good in his pond then..my goldfish Elvie went to heaven in 2014 and was about 17 yrs. old...I just loved him too...was only .99 cents when I first got him Smiley Happy I had things from Valerie if you can sort of see...she had really cute things. Trying to find other photos to share... Was a cute house and I had a cute garden... many things back then from the Q.....Smiley Happy

KITCHEN 1.JPG

MY BABIES lov u.JPG

@cbrite  Do you have  cute house now? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: My Home Back In 2005

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl It's a place to live.

MOURNING DOVE VISIT 2015.JPG

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbritewrote:

@mousiegirl It's a place to live...and I am grateful for that. Smiley Happy

The things we plan on through our lives don't always end up as we hoped....or wished. I don't like blah blah with TMI.. but where I live is big property...here is a cute little fellow a mourning dove who used to visit quite often and came inside too!! Was a lovely visit we had.Smiley Happy

MOURNING DOVE VISIT 2015.JPG

@cbrite  Big property sounds good. Smiley Happy

This is my favorite bird, lucky you to have one in your home, I would have been giddy with excitement.  For years, I had about eight or so dove families in my hanging fuchsias every year, one in front of the kitchen window so I was able to watch the parents build a nest, feed the babies, and watch the babies fledge, thrilled to pieces.  I hear them in my garden lately. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

This is my home now...I fought hard for it...so I would have a place to croak, lol...it's been in my family since 1989...but, without love and friends and family and kids and fur babies, nothing is really a home at all. :smileyindifferent:

HOME 2016 aa.JPG

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl I'm waiting for the OSPREY to return from Africa.... I so love them too. They nest in Latvia...I saw the fledge and screamed with delight... I adore birds...all animals and creatures - I understand them.....it's people who confuse me Smiley Very Happy

They mate/bond for life and I like that idea, lol.........my kind of relationship Smiley Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbritewrote:

This is my home now...I fought hard for it...so I would have a place to croak, lol...it's been in my family since 1989...but, without love and friends and family and kids and fur babies, nothing is really a home at all. :smileyindifferent:

HOME 2016 aa.JPG

@cbrite  It looks wonderful.  Do you garden?  I see Calla lilies, love them, grew up with them so have them here and there in my garden.

I agree re furries.  I have always had pets except for a span when DD was little and our last dog passed, but when she was in High School, a pup fell inti my lap, so adopted a buddy for her, though I am first a cat person.  I was in rescue for many years, but when DD came along, I had to stop and just concentrate on her and all of the animals I had accumulated during rescue.

Gardening is my passion, and decorating. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@cbritewrote:

@mousiegirl I'm waiting for the OSPREY to return from Africa.... I so love them too. They nest in Latvia...I saw the fledge and screamed with delight... I adore birds...all animals and creatures - I understand them.....it's people who confuse me Smiley Very Happy

They mate/bond for life and I like that idea, lol.........my kind of relationship Smiley Happy

@cbrite  I agree re animals, couldn't live without them.  I love to watch bunnies hop around the yard, and squirrels and birds, but there is now a cat who comes here every day, and it kills squirrels and who knows how many birds, so I am very unhappy about this.  I don't know if it has a home, looks well fed, but keeps it's distance.  It sleeps on the stairs across from the deck off of the kitchen.  The pups don't seem to scare it though it would move I am sure, if they took off after it, lol.

I wish it would go somewhere else, maybe when I am out in the garden every day when the weather warms up it will leave which is what happened last year, but I think it stays on the property.  With all of the land around why come here, I seem to draw critters.  

Respected Contributor

Big thank you for your kind comments...you are always welcome to visit !! @mousiegirl@YorkieonmyPillow@NickNack@Nataliesgramma@CJC

Beach not far either!! We can build a sand castle!!

MY BEACH seabright beach i was raised here.JPG

BANNER HEART red 280.jpg

-Do Not Copy Pls-