Respected Contributor

i allways said i would never want a ge washer but i have seen one washer they make that offers a feature that you can set it to give a15 minute up to 2 hour soak added to your wash cycle. i really like that feature and saw washer working on utube and i really like everything about it. 

Respected Contributor

I get what you are saying but you can do that with any simple washer.  Let it fill and  agitate for a few minutes, then shut it off (I push in the knob on mine) and let it soak.  Come back later and turn it back on.

Honored Contributor

I have a Hotpoint, which is made by GE, a lower end of GE, had it for last 5 years, I love it!! 

And yes, any washer can soak if you fill it, then stop it and restart. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have a Hotpoint, which is made by GE, a lower end of GE, had it for last 5 years, I love it!! 

Me, too, @Shelbelle .  The Hotpoint rocks.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I have a GE top loading with agitator washer that I bought in November.  I love it!   I was upset when my almost 30 year old washer died and I just knew I would hate a new one...I don't.

Yes, mine has the soaking feature, but I admit I have never used that feature. I do like the fact that the washer fills with enough water to cover my load of laundry. 

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I get what you are saying but you can do that with any simple washer.  Let it fill and  agitate for a few minutes, then shut it off (I push in the knob on mine) and let it soak.  Come back later and turn it back on.

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio HE washer and it has no soak feature and if you shut it off manually to soak, the water drains out after about 5 minutes of being 'off'.

I would not have bought it if I had known and of course now, the darn thing won't die so I can justify buying a different washer!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Not ALL washers, including my Whirlpool Cabrio HE washer, it automatically drains after a few minutes when turned 'off'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

My 15 year old Maytag just died and I got the top loading GE with agitator.  So far I love it. It senses how much water is needed for the load. Everything comes out clean.

Respected Contributor

maybe if you unplug it . it wont drain and let clothes soak. and plug back in when your ready do let washer run its cycle.      i get get shut a washer off to let it soak. my mom had a kenmore washer back in the 80s that you could put laundry in add detegent bleach in tub and you could set it to do a prewash and a soak that would a and agitate and soak  then drain and spin and fill up and go into main wash cycle and despense new bleach and detergent with out going back to washer until it was totally done.  that was a great washer     

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have a GE top loading with agitator washer that I bought in November.  I love it!   I was upset when my almost 30 year old washer died and I just knew I would hate a new one...I don't.

Yes, mine has the soaking feature, but I admit I have never used that feature. I do like the fact that the washer fills with enough water to cover my load of laundry. 

I have always had a GE washer and dryer and refrierator and anything else they make. Love GE