Super Contributor

Now that's a classy-looking garbage can! Thankfully mine is hidden. But what a great idea. Looks like you made a ""silk purse out of a sow's ear."" I think that's the old saying.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like we've found a serious competitor for the next HGTV Design Star! That looks great!

Esteemed Contributor

Very cute!! I have the same problem, no where to hide the can.

I thought about getting one of those lidded cans, the kind you step on the pedal to open it.

OMG $48 at Walmart{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} (for a kitchen size) I just can not bring myself to spend that much on a trash can.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

It turned out great. I used to be creative like that, but it went away. I have one of those drawers you pull out that has a can for garbage and a can for recycling. Didn't know what I was missing, love it.

Honored Contributor

I use a small laundry hamper for my "recycle" garbage. It's cream color woven canvas, and blends in with the kitchen.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Nan - i hate that i have to have it out in the open because with my 4 guys i have to stay on top of keeping it emptied! i hate the thought of someone coming to visit and seeing a messy garbage can out in the open. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Wildcat - i honestly don't think my nerves could take that! i hate being rushed and having to complete something by a certain time! my mom always asks me what project am i working on though!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

BetteB - i had one of those. somehow - none of the guys have any idea how of course! - the pedal got broken or something and you could no longer pop up the lid!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} i think they loved using it too much!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} so i will not buy another one anytime soon!

Graycats - it is still there!!! you just have to find something that brings it out again!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Desertdi - our city gives us the green bins to use for recycle day. they are out under the garage so i do not have to deal with them/see them until friday's! if they were inside i would have dealt with them,too!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Do I need to belong to Photobucket to see the photo enlarged?

Super Contributor
On 4/22/2014 ValuSkr said:

Do I need to belong to Photobucket to see the photo enlarged?

my account is private - that is why you can't see it.

here is a larger pic.

Esteemed Contributor

shesallthat- Thanks for the info on the lidded can. It's just me here, so maybe I could make one last, if I can ever break down and spend that much.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor
On 4/22/2014 betteb said:

shesallthat- Thanks for the info on the lidded can. It's just me here, so maybe I could make one last, if I can ever break down and spend that much.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

yea i think you would be safe with one betteb!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} i will give it a few more years before i think about another one!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}