Respected Contributor

There really isn't enough info here. I am not certain of your goal. For instance, one thing you might consider is whether you want your sage cabinets to pop against the walls or to blend into them. Also, do you want the kitchen to visually come forward into the open living area or to quietly recede from it? And how is the ambient light? Is there abundant natural light, and do you feel a need to balance warm southern light or cool northern light? Lots of questions which only you can answer!

Honored Contributor

A very light/pale green.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'm sorry, I know lots of people like them and the worm has turned so that they're in vogue once again, but I can't do white walls in any shade... I just find them boring. I'd consider matching the sage cabinet color on the walls with white trim work.

I tried so many sample "off-white" samples on my walls when we were building! Either they were too yellow or pink or whatever. You have to get a sample and put a bit on your wall(s) to see the hue it takes in your home. I settled on a lovely very, very light shade of beige throughout my entire home exept the bathrooms where I chose white. Love my decision!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Without a picture, it is difficult to envision how a color reads on walls.  Of importance are the color of the woodwork (beyond the sage cabinetry) and the lighting in the rooms to be painted. 

Respected Contributor

I would match the white in your countertop.