Honored Contributor
On 2/28/2015 goldenowner said: I too am close to Crossroads factory and store and highly recommend them. Great fragrance throw. Most popular seller is Buttered Maple Syrup. Several times a year they have a factory clearance where you can purchase jar candles for as low as $7! It is a crazy scene but a great way to load up on candles and try new scents. The factory store does discount some and has monthy scents that are usually 20% off.

I noticed that the prices were cheaper on the jar candles than in their online pricing. Do you know when they have their clearance sales? For 7-10 dollars per large candle, I'd give them a try for sure.

Contributor
On 3/1/2015 mominohio said:
On 2/28/2015 goldenowner said: I too am close to Crossroads factory and store and highly recommend them. Great fragrance throw. Most popular seller is Buttered Maple Syrup. Several times a year they have a factory clearance where you can purchase jar candles for as low as $7! It is a crazy scene but a great way to load up on candles and try new scents. The factory store does discount some and has monthy scents that are usually 20% off.

I noticed that the prices were cheaper on the jar candles than in their online pricing. Do you know when they have their clearance sales? For 7-10 dollars per large candle, I'd give them a try for sure.

The factory sales are twice a year - usually spring(can't remember which month) and in November. You could always call the store for the dates. Also the first day of the sale is a fundraiser for United Way. For $5 donation you can attend the first day. The crowds line up around the building and those at the head of the line make a beeline to get the enormous 64 & 96 oz candles. There are not many of those - but there are a ton of jar candles.
Occasional Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Crossroads Candles are simply the best--absolutely adore 'Buttered Maple Syrup', but, you won't go wrong with any of their scents. Everyone loves walking into my house because they say it smells like coming home. I am a candle addict and have been for years--I have tried just about every candle known to mankind--Crossroads just amazed me. They not only smell wonderful and scent the entire house, but, they burn so cleanly with no soot. I highly recommend them!!!!

Super Contributor
On 2/27/2015 Rustys mom said:

I am not sure why it says that in the back of the catalog, but I never go to the catalog to order. I just go to crossroadscandles.com and click on the button at the top that says candles then click on the size I want and the scent then go to checkout. Some of the scents offer the artwork, some done't. On the ones that offer the artwork it will have a little box that you click on then it will bring up the choices of artwork the you click on that and continue to checkout. I did not want to order anything so I went as far in the checkout point to where they wanted the payment method but it did let me get to that point without telling me I had to order in bulk and gave me the price minus the tax and shipping. So if you are interested in ordering them, try it that way. I am not sure if this will help but as I said it let me get that far without telling me I had to order more. Again, I have never clicked on the catalog to order.

thank you for showing me how to order candle with the artwork- just posted on another thread - I ordered the buttered maple syrup with artwork...also the shipping is very reasonable. thanks for the info- i'll let you know how I like the candle.

Valued Contributor

Tobias, you can't go wrong with the Buttered Maple Syrup. It is their #1 seller and my favorite. I love the way they burn and the candle keeps the scent with every burn and all of the wax is used, burns down to the bottom. I have been burning this one for years. I only buy Crossroads and BBW. They are my favorite candles. The Bob Evans in Columbus, OH, where I live sells them for a few dollars cheaper. They make them for Bob Evans so the name Crossroads is not on them but it is the same candle. I know this because if you look on their website of where to buy the candles, this is one of the places. Enjoy your buttered Maple Syrup.

Super Contributor
On 3/3/2015 Rustys mom said:

Tobias, you can't go wrong with the Buttered Maple Syrup. It is their #1 seller and my favorite. I love the way they burn and the candle keeps the scent with every burn and all of the wax is used, burns down to the bottom. I have been burning this one for years. I only buy Crossroads and BBW. They are my favorite candles. The Bob Evans in Columbus, OH, where I live sells them for a few dollars cheaper. They make them for Bob Evans so the name Crossroads is not on them but it is the same candle. I know this because if you look on their website of where to buy the candles, this is one of the places. Enjoy your buttered Maple Syrup.

thanks Rustys mom... which other of the crossroads scents do you really like? Have you tried the fresh apples?

Valued Contributor

Tobias, I am mainly a food/bakery scent person. I do not like floral or fruit scents (well I do like some of the apple scents but have not tried theirs). I also like the kettle corn, brown sugar frosting and smores. I have smelled some of the others when we have been in Amish Country (Berlin Ohio) but I don't remember what the names are or which ones I have smelled. Sorry. Go to the store locator at the top of the website page and see if there is any place close to you that sells them so you can smell more of the scents, that is what I would suggest or order some of the melts or crumbles. I love the crumbles in the warmer.

Super Contributor
On 3/3/2015 Rustys mom said:

Tobias, I am mainly a food/bakery scent person. I do not like floral or fruit scents (well I do like some of the apple scents but have not tried theirs). I also like the kettle corn, brown sugar frosting and smores. I have smelled some of the others when we have been in Amish Country (Berlin Ohio) but I don't remember what the names are or which ones I have smelled. Sorry. Go to the store locator at the top of the website page and see if there is any place close to you that sells them so you can smell more of the scents, that is what I would suggest or order some of the melts or crumbles. I love the crumbles in the warmer.

thanks..i actually was looking at the kettle corn but figured I'd start with the buttered maple syrup!