Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: cozy city apartment view

The view is nice but too much of a modern vibe for me....Also I DO hope they have an elevator and not stairs....but ya never know with city apartments....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

You know, there may very well be shades or blinds hidden in the woodwork. Most people don't even know I have Roman shades on all my windows because when they are rolled up, they are virtuallyinvisible. 

@faeriemoon That's what I was thinking...those valance-looking things over the windows could easily be concealing shades. I have something similar in my kitchen. Mine is a little more "obvious", but still not really noticeable until I lower the shades.

Drapes aren't the only way to cover a window...and not every window needs covering, in my opinion. We lived for many years without any window coverings in our LR & MBR. We're on a very wooded lot, the windows are very high off the ground, and our view of a large pond through the trees is beautiful. But now we are retired, so home more, and the afternoon sun in those west facing windows bothers us, so we recently hung curtains. Never would have if not for the sun!

Honored Contributor

@vermint I feel the same way about window treatments.  

Honored Contributor

It is cozy and I love the view.  The sky even matches the interior!

Honored Contributor

Quite a view!  I can't handle heights, I wonder how I would feel being there?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure, but if you look above the windows/doors there are what look like brown casings for shades or curtains.  So there's that.  Also, in the distance there appears to be a river possibly within walking distance.  All pluses for me.

I'd just furnish it differently.

ETA:  I found it!  It's a 13 million dollar penthouse.  See more views.

https://www.6sqft.com/stunning-13-million-birkenstock-penthouse-takes-you-around-the-world-in-3500sq...

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Would not be for me.  I like to get outside too much with grass and trees and such.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

@PuppyLoverBob666 

True. Many of us who live in high-rise condos or apartments live across the street from a lake or adjacent to a park or two.