Honored Contributor

Re: cozy city apartment view

Our view is prettier.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Replace that God-awful lighting fixture and get some window coverings.

That is the point of living with a view in a high rise. I refuse to lower my window coverings even on the hottest days. I face south and I can't stand the windows covered.0E1584FC-C1EA-49D4-A72F-4FB616E58686.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty view, ceiling and bricks.  However, I would have to get rid of the furniture and lighting and get drapes for the windows.   Someone with binoculars could certainly get an eyeful.

I'm also afraid of heights, so I don't know if I could live here.

Honored Contributor

Would never get window coverings there except in private rooms. My childhood home was on the water and we never had window coverings that faced side. There was no one to see us. Although the high rise is different but you would probably need binoculars to actually see anything. To each his own.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ    I think many people use telescopes.  I've often seen them in pictures of NYC apartments.

I hate high places.  Will take my view of the Sandia Mountains from my one story house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It's a beautiful apartment and I could happily live there.  I would most likely get window coverings in private areas for decor as well as privacy.

There is so much new technology that can treat the windows that allows you to enjoy the view day and night while providing complete privacy.  I'd love to see the whole apartment.

Honored Contributor

Would not be for me.  I like to get outside too much with grass and trees and such.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't see anything COZY about it.   Rather stark - cold - uncomfortable furniture..

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ    I think many people use telescopes.  I've often seen them in pictures of NYC apartments.

I hate high places.  Will take my view of the Sandia Mountains from my one story house.

@Kachina624  I know all about telescopes and binoculars. My Father always had them as there was always something to look out of the windows on the water. Unfortunately one of the things he saw that was happening on 9/11. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of heights but I am a fan of curtains, not to mention some privacy !!  As others say some pretty lamps would be nice !

The apartment has a nice view but that alone would not do it for me.  My apartment would need a wall for pretty artwork or wall decor, curtains, family photos, a flower or two and a TV.  All in all, thanks for the option of the high rise with a view, but I need to keep looking for something more suitable to MY lifestyle.  For now I'll stay where I am !!