Respected Contributor

@151949  I did go to the Corian site and checked out the colors.  The Corian I find to be more of a matte finish or eggshell at best.  That does take some of the dimension out of it.  The colors just don't have that depth since there is a pattern to them if you look at the whole sheets of the countertop.  Some of the colors allow you to see them as more than just a small block but as an L-Shaped counter and as a whole sheet.  The latter two really do show the patterns that are in it that do repeat.  I'm a quilter and see patterns quite easily.  Some people can't until it is pointed out, but most of their "colors" are off-white, beige, brown, black/grey with a few blue, green or red.  I find marble can also be limited in color spectrum along with granite, but quartz does have some great varieties of colors with excellent variance in the stone making it unique without a pattern, either exact or similar, that flows through it.  Recycled glass is the same since the variety is very randomly applied as it is poured out.  How it lays is how it lays, much like how the stone is created.  Corian is created with an engineered/computerized method, so there is a mathematical repeat there.  Recycled glass is mixed and poured by hand into molds and then smoothed and buffed to a shine.  How it pours out is it, the particles are randomly placed in this process, where are Corian is specifically engineered to simulate natural stone, which to some it does and others it has a mathematical pattern to it.  I did see some Corian colors that do try to mimic the quartz/recycled glass with chips of colors mixed into the polymer, but the finish does make it look one dimensional.  The finish may be able to be polished up to a semi-shine or full shine, which will change the perspective of colors, but the pattern repeat can be an issue in a larger piece.  I did notice the repeats, especially when they did a whole shower area with different slabs of it, one because I see patterns, but two because there is so much of it in a closed area so these things become more apparent.  The marbled ones are much more apparent than the ones that have chips in it.  Here is an example from their site. The one below is of the color Cosmo Prima, one of the new shades.  The pattern tends to run horizontal in Corian and can have even a vertical match when it is stacked like below.  I see horizontal V shapes with slight if no variation that also forms a vertical column of the ebb and wane.  It is like swirled icing, people tend to develop a pattern/flow of marbling in that icing or faux paint that they end up with a pattern that repeats over a larger area while it doesn't appear to do that in a smaller tile area.  If it looks random to you, that is fine, this is the way most people will see it.  I have more of an artistic view of those patterns, colors, light, dark, and variances, where many people don't have that perspective.  Some people have those "artist" perspectives while others don't.  I'm also dyslexic, so my perspective is naturally different than most anyway.  This is why there are different products to suit different desires.  Go with what you want, as I know you will anyway, as most of us do.  I'm not going to sell someone else my perspective when we are dealing with things that are relative to the individual, now if this was 1+1=2, we'd be having a different discussion.

Respected Contributor

@151949

Some of us just don't seem to get around and learn  as much as you do.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@novamc1 You have clearly not gone to the dupont corian website and looked at the newest patterns they now have available.

@151949  You clearly have no respect for the other poster's feelings.

Respected Contributor

Re: corian counter tops

[ Edited ]

@Sooner

"Feelings" are not necessarily at issue here, but I got a good laugh out of your well-crafted post.

Some people seem unable at times to suggest something to someone or disagree with someone  without lobbing a tennis-racket-style insult at that person.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@Sooner

"Feelings" are not necessarily at issue here, but I got a good laugh out of your well-crafted post.

Some people seem unable at times to suggest something to someone or disagree with someone  without lobbing a tennis-racket-style insult at that person.

@novamc1  Where I come from we'd say "Going up 'side your head!" for that move!  LOL!!!