Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I use a battery operated weedeater, mower, shrub trimmer, reciprocal saw, chain saw, leaf blower, etc. But I've never adjusted to a battery operated vacuum.  

me too

why is that?

@jackthebear @calmheart  If you tried the Bissell Air Ram,  I truly think you would be impressed, shocked and have a change of heart.  I use several times a day on both floors.  I am not getting out my corded vac several times a day.  It's so convenient and quick.  No tangles of anything in the rollers.   Best I've used....  even better than the Electrolux.  My husband comments constantly how much this thing picks up.  

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 @et al, happy to see these recommendations.  Just put a couple on my wish list. I am due for a replacement.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an Oreck cordless - love it and it has great power.

Honored Contributor

At least I have an idea of some good brands. I asked my DH for a cordless vacuum for Christmas. I selected a greatly reduced 'off' brand. Although I use it everyday, it really is more of a sweeper than a vacuum. It picks up surface dirt on hard flooring and glides over the top of our carpet. Our corded vacuum still has to be used for deep cleaning.

Trusted Contributor

We have 4 Dysons and 1 Shark, I think the Dysons are a bit better at pick up but they are a pain because of the weight and needing to put holes in the wall to hang them or they fall over. I have that little Dyson duster map which I love but it also falls over all the time even though it works like a dream. I'm leaning to replacing the Dysons as they die. We had them at our home, our vacation home and in the motorhome....we now only have our primary home.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)